Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 91 T3 SBEC1 Tuning Questions

boostaholic

Re: 91 T3 SBEC1 Tuning Questions

Here's a small dump from my first logging attempt. Your trigger feature is top notch. I had it setup to record anything above about half throttle. To me it looks like boost control is working pretty well and I have PLENTY of fuel.

Sorry for the garbled format, let me try to figure out how to post the table data correctly...
    Last edited by jckrieger; 02-07-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Deleted garbage to clean up the thread

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

don't know how big the log file is but maybe you can zip it and post it. the log file should end with the extension .mpl
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4F6n5da67Z0QzZZblJZZGFidnc/edit

Try downloading the .mpl file from my Google drive. I have it setup so anyone with this link can download the file.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

thx. looks like the ecu was sending about 444 bytes per second, each sample size was 16 bytes so your max logging rate would be about 27 full samples per second, or 1 every 36 mSecs. so if you want more "exactness" you could bump the logging rate down to 36 mSecs. however, i think your settings are just about right at 100 mSecs and keeps the log file from getting huge. that's really good throughput.

btw - if you come up with any other ideas on how to make it better let me know. doesn't seem like very many use it even though i think its a great tuning tool!!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

also, what was the top gauge "None" recording. the ecu ram location looked like 207?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    thx. looks like the ecu was sending about 444 bytes per second, each sample size was 16 bytes so your max logging rate would be about 27 full samples per second, or 1 every 36 mSecs. so if you want more "exactness" you could bump the logging rate down to 36 mSecs. however, i think your settings are just about right at 100 mSecs and keeps the log file from getting huge. that's really good throughput.

btw - if you come up with any other ideas on how to make it better let me know. doesn't seem like very many use it even though i think its a great tuning tool!!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

also, what was the top gauge "None" recording. the ecu ram location looked like 207?
    The "none" gage is what I believe is a Turbonator specific value for "BoostDelta_Signed". I think this is the value used in the timing retard/anti-lag feature. I'm hoping Rob can chime in and help me figure out if it's doing what is expected.

This absolutely is an amazing logging suite. It does exactly what I would want and is light years ahead of what I was using with my wideband. I hope to learn how to use this with my 86 GLHS logic module as well. This would be a 1 stop shop for fuel/timing curves if it had a way to log a thermocouple input for EGT's. However, I can live without EGT's as long as I can monitor knock and keep the timing advance where it needs to be.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ... doesn't seem like very many use it even though i think its a great tuning tool!!
    That may change soon enough - I'm making a definition file for the Neon FCC so those guys can datalog. I'm sure they'll be all over it once I get it set up. Though, the FCC may require a protocol addition to MP Scan.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jckrieger View Post
    The "none" gage is what I believe is a Turbonator specific value for "BoostDelta_Signed". I think this is the value used in the timing retard/anti-lag feature. I'm hoping Rob can chime in and help me figure out if it's doing what is expected.
    Sorry, missed this - actually, it's not. The boostdelta_signed is used by the boost control routine.

Any feedback on the 3-bar +40 TIII cal?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Rob,

I've decided not to run the +40's and 3 bar map long term, but will be installing the hardware either this weekend or the middle of next week (wife will be out of town) for testing. I owe this to you for all the work you are doing for the community. Last weekend I installed the titanium valve spring retainers and new timing belt tensioner/pulley, as both were disasters waiting to happen (no grease left). Now that I've confirmed I have plenty of fuel and good timing at 13psi, I will build a 3 bar version of your cal and try it out at 14-16 psi. I'm not sure what the turbo is capable of, and I don't really want to blow anything up just yet. I hope feedback at moderate boost levels will still be helpful for the cause.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12