Thread: Complete Holset 2.4l Turbo Package

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Complete Holset 2.4l Turbo Package

Date: 04th December 2012
    Username: turboshad
    Full Name: Dustyn Jordan Lewis Elford
    City, State, Zip: Sherwood Park, Alberta, T8E 1G9
    Price: $1000 plus shipping

Description: This is the complete Holset HE351 package from my Shadow which should bolt up directly to an early (95-01 I think) 2.4l swap. It got me into the 10s with a calculated HP of ~550 @ 29psi. Obviously the output will depend on the entire system but it shows some of the capabilities. More could be possible with modifications to the exhaust side. The reason I am selling is I have bought a new turbo with higher power goals in mind which will also require a new header. The following is what is included in the package.
    • Holset HE351 with polished compressor housing, WGA mount delete, ported WG hole, and ceramic coated turbine scroll. I will also include the oil feed adapter for a -4 feed and oil drain adapter with a -16 male end. The turbo only needs a -10 so this could be reduced if you desire by making a new tube. I bought this turbo practically brand new and it has only seen Mobile1 since. There is zero shaft play and the factory solenoid valve is also included.
    • Custom equal length 4-1 ceramic coated (inside and out) header made with 1.5" sch 40 mild steel weld els, 3/8" head flange and 1/2" turbo flange. There is also a 1/8"NPT hole for and EGT probe or exhaust pressure tap. The header places the turbo on top so it can be removed with out taking anything else off. The compressor cover clears the firewall but may kiss it with engine mount flex so poly mounts are recommended at the very least. Another option is to slightly tip the engine forward for a touch more clearance. My engine was mounted at ~9-10deg tilted back.
    • Holset WGA mounted to the head which also acts as an EGR delete. The minimum boost with this WGA is ~18psi but with the WG hole being ported and a lighter spring WGA mounted to the bracket lower boost can be had.
    • Polished aluminum heat shield that bolts under the coil pack. I feel most MSD failures are from heat and I ran one with zero problems with this heat shield.
    • Custom 3 3/4" to 4" adapter including the V-band clamp with the first 90deg 4" exhaust elbow.
    • Header brace and brace to block mounting bracket
    Here are some photos but please note these are of when the system was new so obviously it is a bit more worn looking. Also nothing has been coated or painted yet. I will get the current pictures of each piece up by the end of the week with my username, I just wanted to get the thread posted. If you want pictures of anything or have any questions please post.

NOTE: I am only including the V-band adapter and first 90deg piece of the exhausat. It will clear a stratus PS pump.

This is the only one I really have loaded to photobucket that shows the heat shield.

Last edited by turboshad; 12-29-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Hybrid booster

Re: Complete Holset 2.4l Turbo Package

Oh, this engine looks sooo nice

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Damn, if only I could spare the money, this would be just right for my 2.4 build
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Here are some current pics, also a price adjustment. The red on the turbine is from leaded fuel.

Garrett booster

PM sent

Replied.

Sold. Thanks for looking.