Thread: Trade/Wanted: Turbo something trade for an e30

Hybrid booster

Trade/Wanted: Turbo something trade for an e30

Date: 03rd December 2012
    Username: strang3majik
    Full Name: Tyler Majka
    City, State, Zip: Hanover, PA 17331
    Selling or Wanted Price: trade

Let me know what you have. I'm located in Hanover, PA. Kinda interested in anything as long as its a turbo 2.2. Preferably manual trans but let me know either way.

Any questions about the e30, let me know. Needs paint, no rust. Runs great. 1987 325e 5 speed. I'm not sure if anyone here will even be interested, so gauging interest...will post info if interest is shown. I value my car at around $3500-4000. Comes with a 90k mile brand new head 325i engine swap. Just drove it to Florida and back...3000 miles including the distance driven while I was there. Used less than a half a quart of oil and didn't miss a beat cruising 85-90 the whole way.

UPDATE:

Its a 1987 BMW 325e. The car is originally from Texas and spent a good bit of time there and California before making its way up to the great white north. So...that being said...NO RUST!!!

The underside is clean as can be and the car is solid as a rock. Brand new Tokico struts all around with 2" lowering springs (Tokico up front and H&R Race e36 rear springs). I tried a bunch of different combos of springs and these sat, rode, and handled by far the best.

Car feels like a go-kart...by far the best handling thing I've ever driven. Would be an excellent autocross car. I've tried to get the rear end to kick around and it take some effort. 90* turns at 50mph hardly faze it.

Its a 2 door 5 speed. As I said, it is an "E" car, which is the 2.7L economy motor. Slow but a torque monster. 2.88 gears for mpg. Just drove it to Florida and back this past week...1200 miles each way and 600 miles while I was down there...so a total of 3000 miles....with over 200k miles (actual unknown) and that drive on the highway, car used less than half a quart of oil. How I don't know...engine is tight as hell. Made the trip without a hitch.

Has a brand new clutch/pp, throwout bearing, pivot pin, slave cylinder, driveshaft center support bearing, and driveshaft flex disc all installed in July.

Wheels and tires were installed in May by the previous owner. Brand new Rota RB 15x7 with 205/50/15 Yokohama tires. Has nice hub-centric spacers and extended bolts on the rear...crappy spacers on the front (need shorter wheel bolts to get rid of them :/ ).

Original odometer broke at 166k, I installed a working 325i cluster (tach reads higher) that reads over 240k. The owners manual says it had a service at 147k in 1999...so god only knows how many miles it has on it. But like I said, car is very tight and handled the cross country drive like it was nothing.

Averaged 25mpg cruising at 90-95mph the entire drive.

Air conditioning was converted to R134 and works very well. Heat works very well too. Blower motor will need replaced, however, as it makes a noise when its running...might just be leaves in it...idk. Never looked into it. Works though...just annoying. Turn the radio up and you can't hear it.

Also has brand new brakes/rotors all around. Drilled slotted style with powdercoated center. I don't know the brand but they look nice and it stops nicely.

I also have gone through the junkyards and gathered all the best condition lights/lenses I could find.

Also i did a 13 button on board computer upgrade. Tells temp, mpg, distance to empty, time/date, etc. Also did the ellipsoid headlight conversion and added fog lights. Stock wiring and switch, but these are cat heads lights (big in the 80s)...so time period correct.

Now for the flaws....

As I said, the blower motor
    Needs paint
    Sunroof is broken and will leak if you focus water on it when you wash it. Something in the mechanism...just clicks when you turn the handle.
    Has one ebay recaro driver's seat...passenger's seat is a decent sport seat.
    Dash is cracked

Once again for all the new stuff -
    Clutch/Pressure Plate, Throwout bearing, pivot pin
    Driveshaft Center Support Bearing
    Driveshaft Flex Disc (Guibo)
    Tokico Blue Struts
    2" Lowering springs
    Front sway bar end links
    Brakes/rotors
    cap/rotor/plugs
    wheels/tires
    Kenwood Headunit with Polk Audio speakers (sounds very good...wiring in trunk for sub/amp)
    In tank fuel pump is brand new (replaced 11/15/12)
    Duralast Battery new as of 11/1/12
    Rear strut bar

I'm sure there's more. I've probably put over 15k miles on it and it hasn't left me sit once. Always starts and runs very well. Has the occasional low rpm hiccup when driving at low speeds for a sustained time....but it is a 325e and they are plagued with that unlike the "I" cars. Most likely the swinging door MAF sticking...most of my driving is highway so it hasn't bothered me.

Also...I have a full 325i engine swap. This consists of the engine, engine harness, sensors, and computer. Engine has 90k miles and the head has less than 5 minutes of run time since it was rebuilt. If the car I'd be trading for is nice enough I'll include this.

This swap was over a $1k worth of parts. Another thing I contemplated doing was swapping the entire I top end (head, intake, harness, computer, sensors) over onto my 2.7L bottom end. That gives you the torque of the 2.7 with the top end of the 2.5L. You end up with like 10hp less due to lower compression but about 15tq more at the wheels with the 2.7 bottom end. Being this one doesn't use a drop of oil...I wouldn't be afraid to do that one bit.

People do that top end swap all the time, especially the guys doing a turbo swap since the compression is ideal.

That along with a gear change would make this car a ball. The "I" cars have some ---..this one would have even more torque so would definitely be a joy. The head swap is obviously an easier undertaking then the full engine swap...so that's why I liked the thought of that.

I love the car...and if I don't get much interest I may just keep it and do the swap myself...but, I won't something a little quicker that's done already. I have my GLH that's taking up all my "toying" time.

Anyhow...here's some pictures. I'm in Hanover, Pennsylvania.

Whatever you have, let me know...never know. Also looking for a Conquest/Starion. I like those too. Basically anything turbo.

Call/Text Tyler at 717-688-0284

These were taken a few days ago while I was in Florida. I'll get one of the interior today.

Last edited by strang3majik; 12-03-2012 at 04:03 PM.

turbo addict
    Nice e30. If i had something decent i would definetly trade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Re: Trade/Wanted: Turbo something trade for an e30

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Nice e30. If i had something decent i would definetly trade.
    Haha. Whatcha got?

But hopefully someone else thinks the same.

Hybrid booster

Cleaning out all my crap from my Florida trip then will post some interior pictures.

But really...whatever you have that's a turbo mopar...post it up. You never know.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Nice looking car,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Nice looking car,
    Thank you! If only it was faster. :/ Pulls pretty well in 5th though...but peak 180ft/lbs at highway RPM will do that. Lol

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
    Thank you! If only it was faster. :/ Pulls pretty well in 5th though...but peak 180ft/lbs at highway RPM will do that. Lol
    Cough turbo cough!!!
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

Silky smooth straight six.. hold the V, hold the bengle, hold the idrive..
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Cough turbo cough!!!
    Redlined at 4500! What fun would that be! Lol. Now swap that I head on and turbo it. Sweet sweet I need a new pair of underwear.

I wish. Lol

Hybrid booster

Interior pics update.

Hybrid booster

Also $3500 with the I engine swap....$3000 for just the car if someone wanted to buy it outright.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Why do I find myself wanting this?? lol
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    You know you do

It just drove to Florida and back this past week. Would make it to South Carolina no issue...and keep her around 70-75, you'd get 35mpg the whole way.

You know you do

It just drove to Florida and back this past week. Would make it to South Carolina no issue...and keep her around 70-75, you'd get 35mpg the whole way.
    Same for my Lebaron Honestly, only real reason I would trade is because the BMW would probably sell easier than the Lebaron. I have kinda been planning on selling the Lebaron sometime soon, was gonna put it up for $4000 so it's in the same value bracket. But then other days, I don't want to, the car has gotten more attention and compliments than any other one I've ever owned, including my GLHS. But then again, I need money for my Daytona 2.4 project, fixing my GLHS, getting my Conquest ready to drift next year, my '72 D100 project, etc etc... decisions decisions....
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

boostaholic

Because e30!
    MinivanRider

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    Because e30!
    Yeah, they do have an allure Tyler, lmk if you are interested in trading for the Lebaron, I'm not really sure I want a BMW but it is growing on me
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Hybrid booster

Yeah, they do have an allure Tyler, lmk if you are interested in trading for the Lebaron, I'm not really sure I want a BMW but it is growing on me
    I texted you at the number on the charger ad. I was creeping. Lol. If only that was cleaner :/

I texted you at the number on the charger ad. I was creeping. Lol. If only that was cleaner :/
    Lol yeah the Charger needs some work. Here are the pics I have right now, I can get more later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0168.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	496.3 KB 
ID:	42833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0187.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	42834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0415.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	548.7 KB 
ID:	42835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0431.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	42836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0532.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	42837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2412.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	42838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2416.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	42839

Specs:
    '89 2.5 CB bored .040"
    Wiseco pistons w/ .0035-004" clearance so they are quiet
    Reconditioned T2 rods
    Stock 782 head/valvetrain w/ 2.4 lifters
    2-piece intake w/ the upper and lower pinned to match up exactly
    52mm TB
    Ported exhaust manifold
    Stock T2 turbo
    2.5" swingvalve, 3" turbo back exhaust w/ a hi-flow cat and MBRP resonator in the stock muffler location
    AWIC system
    Poly mounts and bobble struts
    New radiator, water pump
    Oil pump was disassembled, inspected and spec'd

Ramsdell-built 523/568 hybrid w/ OBX diff, FWD-P 4-puck clutch
    V6 axles
    SRT-4 shifter

Eibach springs, Monroe Sensatrac struts in front and Gabriel Gas Ryder shocks in rear
    New strut mounts
    New calipers all round
    New rotors all round
    New master cylinder
    Brake fluid was flushed 3 years ago
    New Raybestos balljoints
    Poly swaybar bushings
    Park brake works
    New rack and pinion
    New power steering pressure hose
    New power steering pump
    ASA Revolution 17" wheels w/ 215/55 BFG G-Force All-Seasons

Clean tan cloth interior, power enthusiast driver seat, digital climate control, sunroof (that doesn't leak), Dynamat on all interior panels, AC works. Needs driver door pins (which I have, just haven't got to yet), right front wheel bearing is starting to make a little noise (bolt-in type), has some various squeaks inside (mostly cause the poly bobble strut transmits more vibration). Odometer doesn't work either, but all the gauges do. Also as you can see in the pic is has a dent in the right rear corner where someone backed into it, and then there are some door dings and hail dents in the hood. Needs front speakers.

Car is a rock solid DD, I have been driving it everyday for about 2 years now. Engine/trans have probably 35-40k on them. I did almost all the work on this car, I put it together for Tony Queen (Bozo) when he had it, then bought it from him and did all the tuning, debugging, and various maintenance. Also, the exhaust tip doesn't stick out like that anymore, I cut it off where you can't see it, but it still turns down.

Car has run 9.24@80mph in the 8th with a 2.33 60ft, on 20psi of boost and on the BFG All-Seasons I listed.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Hybrid booster

Pending! We shall see!

Hybrid booster

Still accepting offers. Lmk what you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast