Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo not spinning at idle

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Check for a filter for the Turbo, it may be clogged. Turbonetics puts a little brass filter in the oil feed hole of the Turbo. Check to see if there.
    Well it has a stainless feed line. Will it be right on the feed hole? I'll have to check tomorrow morning.

turbo addict
    Yeah, right on the feed hole new between the an adapter and the chra
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

Re: Turbo not spinning at idle

Make sure the compressor and turbine housing are align correct . i have seen the turbine blades just rub the exhast turbine housing a stop the wheel at idle and there was no noise either.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Turbo not spinning at idle

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Check for a filter for the Turbo, it may be clogged. Turbonetics puts a little brass filter in the oil feed hole of the Turbo. Check to see if there.
    I hate that they do that, it's so small, and un-cleanable... It seems like the turbo would live longer letting some crap go through than to starve it for oil when the filter plugs up!... But remove it and you void your warranty!...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict
    I'll say they don't clog up easily, there's been one on my turbonetics hybrid since new. The TIII that it was on ate up 2 sets of bearings, ran on broken rings, and I beat the living hell out of it. The Turbo has absolutely no play in any direction after all that abuse.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12