Thread: TU DD Pressure Plate clutch pedal Issue

boostaholic

TU DD Pressure Plate clutch pedal Issue

I recently installed this PP http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/dual...ate-p-305.html on my spirit r/t along with a heavy duty TOB and Kevlar Disc...but after i got it all together a few months ago i pulled up on the clutch pedal a bit to make sure it was adjusted then pushed in the clutch and it stripped all the teeth on the positioner and cable pivot piece..so then i went and bought the 2 new pieces (white block positioner and cable pivot-the thing the cable rides on behind the pedal) from FWD-P. same thing happened because the PP is so heavy and the plastic adjuster teeth cant handle the pressure. Anyone else run into this problem? is there a sollution? Opinions needed!

turbo addict
    Did you replace cable? Cable can fray or wear internally causing it to lock up under the increased load.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

boostaholic

Re: TU DD Pressure Plate clutch pedal Issue

no but i inspected the cable and its fine

Re: TU DD Pressure Plate clutch pedal Issue

Simsy, did you ever locate the person who you say originally purchased the DDPP from us? The last one we sold was back in 2005. We have built one off higher torque capacity versions of this clutch which aren't meant for streetable applications. If you can get that information for us we can confirm that it is actually our clutch and provide you with additional feedback on it's configuration.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----