Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mopar Weekend June 8-10th in St Louis and Sept 21-23rd in Indy...wants YOU!!

Mitsu booster

Monster Mopar Weekend June 8-10th in St Louis and Sept 21-23rd in Indy...wants YOU!!

I have been talkin with JT about putting something together....but Im not sure exactly the best way to format a FWD class....Im a heads up guy, but in your world that may not work so lets work together to give you guys 2 great places to race this year.

I am going to be looking for some sponsors for this class, so any help from manufacturers and builders im not aware of would be great. I would like to atleast put up 1500 for the winner and pay back to the 1/4s at the very least. This would depend on how many folks are willing to come!

I dont want to plug another forum, but I do own www.fastmopar.com and have started a FWD section, just for the guys interested in racin at these events of mine.... also my email is Josh@pentastarpromotions.com and my cell is 317 681 4546 so if I am not getting back to this board in a timely manner.....hunt me down!!!!

www.monstermopar.com

Thanks guys

Josh

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Monster Mopar Weekend June 8-10th in St Louis and Sept 21-23rd in Indy...wants YO

Thanks for joining up and chiming in Josh!

After our PM's on fastmopar, I started this other thread to have a discussion about classes.... PLEASE read this for feedback... I'll link this thread in that one and close it.

To sum it up, how about...

First year, to get the most participants, maybe not a "FWD" class, but instead maybe a "Mini Mopar" Class, so any 4 or 6 cylinder powered vehicles FWD or RWD welcome?

...and...

If we could get enough cars out, the best would be a Mini Mopar "Heads up" Q16 and anyone slower would fall into a Mini Mopar Bracket, however, again, "first year", maybe just a Mini Mopar Bracket with a min of 13.99 to keep the street cars out?

Turbo-Mopar RACERS, please chime in!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Re: Monster Mopar Weekend June 8-10th in St Louis and Sept 21-23rd in Indy...wants YO

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Thanks for joining up and chiming in Josh!

After our PM's on fastmopar, I started this other thread to have a discussion about classes.... PLEASE read this for feedback... I'll link this thread in that one and close it.

To sum it up, how about...

First year, to get the most participants, maybe not a "FWD" class, but instead maybe a "Mini Mopar" Class, so any 4 or 6 cylinder powered vehicles FWD, AWD or RWD welcome?

...and...

If we could get enough cars out, the best would be a Mini Mopar "Heads up" Q16 and anyone slower would fall into a Mini Mopar Bracket, however, again, "first year", maybe just a Mini Mopar Bracket with a min of 13.99 to keep the street cars out?

Turbo-Mopar RACERS, please chime in!
    Fixed that for you. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks JT and Josh that is awesome. now all we have to do is let the word Know.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

I'm in!

And I'm all for having the /6 run with us. They are generally a hoot!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

turbo addict

Im in. im not as fast is the other guys but ill play!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

I'd run my little blue turd for fun. :P

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

IF I get the van done in time and IF this happens I will be at BOTH events to support this and will try and get as many of our guys to come out as possible.

Mitsu booster

Guys, Im glad to see such a large group already anticipating this!!! We need to round up some sponsors to make the payout what it needs to be!

Im not sure who owns the site, but I would entertain making Monster Mopar Weekend the official host of the Turbo-Mopar Nationals....... Give you guys your own area of the track, maybe set up a small autocross area... just need to get the support of the racers and the rest will follow!

turbo addict

Hell ya! TM Nationals Indy!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKing440 View Post
    Im not sure who owns the site, but I would entertain making Monster Mopar Weekend the official host of the Turbo-Mopar Nationals....... Give you guys your own area of the track, maybe set up a small autocross area... just need to get the support of the racers and the rest will follow!
    Frank is the owner of T-M.com... I'll start a thread in the admin section and point him here.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    a Mini Mopar Bracket with a min of 13.99 to keep the street cars out?

I don't get it. All Chicago cars are street cars

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRon25 View Post
    I don't get it. All Chicago cars are street cars

Ron
    LOL, yeah, you know it! I made the comment more to keep quicker cars in it like "PRO"

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Garrett booster

I may have to check this out this year once the car is finished and tuned.

Yes you will!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Mitsu booster

So do wee need to start a Roll Call for the June Event??

Mitsu booster

Here is my Turbo Mopar incase you guys thougth I was an outsider...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKing440 View Post
    Here is my Turbo Mopar incase you guys thougth I was an outsider...

Were you at World of Wheels in Indy last year parked near the main entrances to the blue ribbon building?

Hey.... Stripe says 340 but that's a large block on the engine stand.... SHENANIGANS!!!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    Were you at World of Wheels in Indy last year parked near the main entrances to the blue ribbon building?
    That was him!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Josh is a stand up and very normal guy! All of the events we rained out last year and I was able to take the mid 16 second Matchbox and beat a 9.2 second Dart in the no box class before the rains. There were maybe three classes that finished one round, no box being one of them. All three were called to the tower where he personally paid us for our single round win. Forty dollars for beating a single car is darn good in my book. The street class had checks mailed to us for our entry and the trophy class gets in next race on their 2011 entry. Old Matchbox was entered in 3 classes, and I will be ready to make it 4 when we get this class up and running!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast