Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas/Help - '92 Lebaron 3.0 V6 Convt Turbo Build

Hybrid booster

Re: Ideas/Help - '92 Lebaron 3.0 V6 Convt Turbo Build

I've never personally used either turbo manifold, crossover style is more popular. I think intercooler pipe routing is eaiser?

I can't remember if mods/admin get mad for advertising other sites here. I'll PM it to you.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeverLow View Post

As far as the manifolds go, I am looking through Eds site now, and I see his 2 types. Are there certain benefits/downsides to each type?

Turbovanman - how were u planning to do yours? similar to either of Eds? or did you have a new design you were trying? Because I am open to all ideas. Trying to make this different from any other out there.
    There are pics on the vendor link I gave you earlier of Shayne's setup. I'll get him to post more pics as he has it running now.

Quote Originally Posted by MC#4 View Post
    I've never personally used either turbo manifold, crossover style is more popular. I think intercooler pipe routing is easier?

I can't remember if mods/admin get mad for advertising other sites here. I'll PM it to you.
    Nope, post away.

Here are some pics from that link-

1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor
    That looks awesome! I take it thats what the plenum looks like complete flipped around? Or is it missing the top side?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    There are pics on the vendor link I gave you earlier of Shayne's setup. I'll get him to post more pics as he has it running now.

Nope, post away.

Here are some pics from that link-

Ah yes, I've had those pics saved to my PC since I saw them in the original thread . Did you guys ever come up with a price for that setup?

Yeah, did u?! Lol. Because i do like the look of that setup and would like to get that mocked up for my set up

That looks awesome! I take it thats what the plenum looks like complete flipped around? Or is it missing the top side?
    He made that plenum, he's a fabricator. But that's what you have to do if you put the turbo there.

Ah yes, I've had those pics saved to my PC since I saw them in the original thread . Did you guys ever come up with a price for that setup?
    Working on it as we speak.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

He made that plenum, he's a fabricator. But that's what you have to do if you put the turbo there.
    Do any other major modifications need to made to put the turbo there? Or is it just flipping the plenum? Would he be willing to do my plenum like that, but flush on top? I dont want the rivets. And I am thinking powder coating black as well. Could he do porting as well while he has it? I can send my plenum & throttle body to be put together and ported together.

Also, is there a suggested piping kit for that turbo set up? Or did you just take a universal kit and fit it up?

Do any other major modifications need to made to put the turbo there? Or is it just flipping the plenum? Would he be willing to do my plenum like that, but flush on top? I dont want the rivets. And I am thinking powder coating black as well. Could he do porting as well while he has it? I can send my plenum & throttle body to be put together and ported together.

Also, is there a suggested piping kit for that turbo set up? Or did you just take a universal kit and fit it up?
    Nope, I think you have to use some spacers for the stock plenum so it clears the thermostat housing, but other than that, its minor tweaking etc.

Those aren't rivets but bolts, I guess he could counter sink them and use convex bolts. The top plate has to be removeable to get access to the bolts for the upper to lower plenum. I am sure he could build you one.

Most likely him or me on the porting.

He made some of the pipes but he bought a universal IC and piping kit from www.cxracing.com on Ebay. If you have the same car, then he could probably duplicate the pipes.

Nope, I think you have to use some spacers for the stock plenum so it clears the thermostat housing, but other than that, its minor tweaking etc.

Those aren't rivets but bolts, I guess he could counter sink them and use convex bolts. The top plate has to be removeable to get access to the bolts for the upper to lower plenum. I am sure he could build you one.

Most likely him or me on the porting.

He made some of the pipes but he bought a universal IC and piping kit from www.cxracing.com on Ebay. If you have the same car, then he could probably duplicate the pipes.
    Sweet! Def like the set up. And if he would be down to build the custom plenum, I have a core i could send him, or he could modify mine directly. I have a 92 Lebaron LX Convt. So if the piping will be the same, I would like to price that too.

Hopefully, you guys can give me a nice bundle price for manifold, downpipe, plenum mods/porting, & intercooler piping.

Sweet! Def like the set up. And if he would be down to build the custom plenum, I have a core i could send him, or he could modify mine directly. I have a 92 Lebaron LX Convt. So if the piping will be the same, I would like to price that too.

Hopefully, you guys can give me a nice bundle price for manifold, downpipe, plenum mods/porting, & intercooler piping.
    Will do, Shayne will post up tonight.

These are some threads on modifying stock and turbocharging engines-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ow-i-did-it%29

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ne-quot-thread

Will do, Shayne will post up tonight.

These are some threads on modifying stock and turbocharging engines-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...(how-i-did-it)

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ne-quot-thread
    Wonderful, can't wait to start working with you guys on this. Def like your set up, and hoping we can get some pricing on everything soon so I can get boosted! lol

Those threads are awesome too. Everyone seems to have their own ideas and set ups, cant wait to be just another a different one then everyone.

Hybrid booster

basically i only used the lower intake, and i made my upper plenum from scratch, the top of the plenum comes off to get to the bolts that bolt the plenum down to the lower intake. compared to a stock plenum its opened up more than the stock casting will allow, and it gets rid of the harsh 90 degree bend into the intake port. there are lots of types of exhaust manifolds out there, i made mine the way i did because of wanting a more efficient setup than a log manifold set-up, the thing to bear in mind it is a bunch more labour intensive to do them this way.
    id be more than happy to make up anything anyone wants, i got to sit down and figure out pricing for the exhaust side to quote a price.
    i got custom venolia's made and i got to say im really happy with their work and service. with me mailing them a stock piston and for them to be custom made, it was about 6weeks total from me talking to them to my door up here in canada. with them being made 1mm (~.040 over) and stock style wristpins and stock size ring pack the works was approx $900 so it wasnt cheap at all, if you choose to go with them i will gladly pass along the work order number so they could bring up the program to make you a set without you having to send a stock one. ordonti was nice enough to dig up his wo# for me back when he had his made and it helped me a bunch, i only had to send a stock one because there was confusion over the dish volume because ordonti had his made for a lower compression ratio, mine is basically identical to stock, just oversize and 40grams lighter (with wristpins)
    hope to have some real data soon from driving my car all built up.

I do like the topless plenum idea. I would like mine to look like this tho

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    basically i only used the lower intake, and i made my upper plenum from scratch, the top of the plenum comes off to get to the bolts that bolt the plenum down to the lower intake. compared to a stock plenum its opened up more than the stock casting will allow, and it gets rid of the harsh 90 degree bend into the intake port. there are lots of types of exhaust manifolds out there, i made mine the way i did because of wanting a more efficient setup than a log manifold set-up, the thing to bear in mind it is a bunch more labour intensive to do them this way.
    id be more than happy to make up anything anyone wants, i got to sit down and figure out pricing for the exhaust side to quote a price.
    i got custom venolia's made and i got to say im really happy with their work and service. with me mailing them a stock piston and for them to be custom made, it was about 6weeks total from me talking to them to my door up here in canada. with them being made 1mm (~.040 over) and stock style wristpins and stock size ring pack the works was approx $900 so it wasnt cheap at all, if you choose to go with them i will gladly pass along the work order number so they could bring up the program to make you a set without you having to send a stock one. ordonti was nice enough to dig up his wo# for me back when he had his made and it helped me a bunch, i only had to send a stock one because there was confusion over the dish volume because ordonti had his made for a lower compression ratio, mine is basically identical to stock, just oversize and 40grams lighter (with wristpins)
    hope to have some real data soon from driving my car all built up.
    How do you feel its more efficient then say Eds Rear Mounted setup? Besides the fact of the placement of the turbo, or is just the relocation of the turbo and use of non-log manifolds increase efficiency. I like the styling of yours, as well as its expected upgraded performance. But saying its very labor intensive makes it sound very expensive. That is the other setup I was thinking about. I dont think the log manifold would be ideal for my DD. Are you using 3" single exhaust with your setup?

I would like to go with the Venolias if they are the best recommended pistons for the setup I am planning. It is ok that they are a little expensive, its ok though. not a lot of thing for this setup are expensive, so I will put it out where it matters. If you could PM me the work order # as well as contact info, I ca start talking with them about what needs to be done. Do you suggest any specific rods to go with them?

Also, what did you do with your valves? Just clean them up? 4 angle valve job? Is that really needed for 10psi/300bhp?

Do you have a build thread to see what you are using overall?
    Last edited by NeverLow; 10-03-2012 at 12:25 AM.

I like Shaynes setup and others that put the turbo there as both headers are feeding it equally, which if you get a TS turbo, it will really help with spool, and I think it makes for an easy DP fab.

I like Shaynes setup and others that put the turbo there as both headers are feeding it equally, which if you get a TS turbo, it will really help with spool, and I think it makes for an easy DP fab.
    Thats why i like the set up too,probably going to go with that

Yeah, i found a set up too for like $350 shipped. Gona ask for it from the gf for my bday. Lol

Yeah, i found a set up too for like $350 shipped. Gona ask for it from the gf for my bday. Lol
    Real or knock-off?

Real or knock-off?
    I am guessing a knock off. Seems alright, but you can never tell with eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271009045313?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330629214479...84.m1423.l2649

Can this manifold setup be used with a T3 flange instead of T4? Or will the HE341 fit on a T4 flange? A buddy of mine suggests finding a bit smaller turbo than the GT35R, seeing as they dont give any real power until after 10psi. Since its all I want to run, not really any more, he said a bit smaller turbo will help with faster spooling and faster power increase. And sthe HE341 is very close to a 50 trim, not a 60 trim, thought it mite b better. But since the flange is a T4, idk if the smaller turbo will fit.

Now he is a Honda guy, not Mopar. So if his advice does no good here, please let me know and I will continue with my current plan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast