My 89 turbo mini is using oil. It is going through somewhere aroung a qt every 800 miles. The motor has about 15K on it. ( 2.5, wiseco's ported swirl, turbonetics turbo). I was busy at the time when I was building the engine and had the machine shop assemble the bottom end. I think the pistons are on the loose side because they are a little noisy when cold but quiet up when warm. It leaks a little oil, but not nearly enough that I can see to equal this amount. If I ever see a drop on the ground its about a dime size. It does not smoke as far as I know. I can actuially smell it with the window open when I get on it and am in boost atleast 7 psi and higher. I dont know of any exhaust leaks and the exhaust is out the back so it is strange that I can smell it. I cannot smell anything normal driving or when it is sitting idle with the hood open. My wife followed me yesturday and she said she did not see any smoke but a few times when I got on it she believe she smelled something burning. The PCV valve is oily. I am wondering if it is sucking oil in through the intake. Oil consumption did not seem to change between 10-30 mobil 1 which is all I ran in it ( except break in) until the last oil change which was 15-40 rotella. Anyone have to modify the PCV system and or add a catch can? I have smal filter for the breather since there is no airbox. One note to make is when I do change the oil I do get some "fuzz" on the magnetic drain plug. I have had this from day one. It is not a lot but a little more than what I would consider average. Atleast what I used to see on other cars with them. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Justin