Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shift Pattern Inserts

Re: Shift Pattern Inserts

Why not do a whole shift knob?

Garrett booster

In my PM's my sent items folder doesn't show anything. I thought maybe they expire and my long absence left me with none saved. But I sent others yesterday and today and I still show nothing.

Anyone who Is still waiting for answers please pm me again. I'm not sure who may have been left hanging at this point. My apologies to anyone left in that position.

boostaholic

Got mine a few days ago. Fantastic piece!

Mitsu booster

Still available? Need one for my 88 Shelby Z.
    1988 Shelby Z

Garrett booster

Still available. PM me for info.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DartGTS340 View Post

And here's a concept I just recently tried out.

I am working on a more deluxe knob insert that uses milling routines similar to the previous shown parts.
    Would it be possible to do this design but on the shifter insert?
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

turbo addict

What is a good way to protect the surface? This one is been used for about 3 months, and the surface shine is gone.

turbo addict

Because it is raw aluminum it is going to be difficult if you wear rings or something like that. You could try clear coat or maybe clear powder coat. Anodizing would be the best way.

For me, I don't rest my hand on top of the shifter at all. The grip takes all of the abuse.

How in the world did I miss this?! Oh right, I haven't been on the site for the past 3 months. I'll take one for an 89 CSX. Not sure if you can get the font for the CSX, but if you can or can't, I'll take 2 for it! It's an 89 555 tranny, so it has the pull type shifter, as I'm sure you are aware.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Something like this....

The one on the right I mean

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Would it be possible to do this design but on the shifter insert?
    I could try to approximate it. On that 2 inch center the top black line between the strobes is only about .007" wide and that is about as small as I can cut. By the time it gets scaled down it becomes all but impossible for me to keep the correct proportions of the original logo. I'll try to get around to trying to see how good I can make it look when I can.
    I've had to put some of this work on the back burner lately. I'm currently involved in a custom automation project where I'm designing, building, and putting into service all of the production equipment myself. Most nights I am in bed within 2 hours of getting home. It's been crazy. Last night my dreams consisted of ladder logic rungs for PLC control. Crazy. But I'm loving it. Glad to be back in automation after more than a decade of designing and developing golf products.

My apologies to anyone left in a holding pattern. I have some completed items, along with some abandoned ones that I'll get a pic of. Maybe some of them are what someone wants. I'm hoping by mid February to get to the point where I'm not pulling so many hours working and can get back to playing with this at night.

Quote Originally Posted by DartGTS340 View Post
    I could try to approximate it. On that 2 inch center the top black line between the strobes is only about .007" wide and that is about as small as I can cut. By the time it gets scaled down it becomes all but impossible for me to keep the correct proportions of the original logo. I'll try to get around to trying to see how good I can make it look when I can.
    I've had to put some of this work on the back burner lately. I'm currently involved in a custom automation project where I'm designing, building, and putting into service all of the production equipment myself. Most nights I am in bed within 2 hours of getting home. It's been crazy. Last night my dreams consisted of ladder logic rungs for PLC control. Crazy. But I'm loving it. Glad to be back in automation after more than a decade of designing and developing golf products.

My apologies to anyone left in a holding pattern. I have some completed items, along with some abandoned ones that I'll get a pic of. Maybe some of them are what someone wants. I'm hoping by mid February to get to the point where I'm not pulling so many hours working and can get back to playing with this at night.
    I don't care about the strobes. If the script was the same, if the letters were just black that would be ok with me. I'm looking for something different for my 86 GLHS. My original shift knob is being retired and I could go with a Momo replacement, but I thought something different might be cool too.

What was the cost? I like both and will get one of each if they aren't too expensive. Please PM me a total.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Good grief I missed page 4!!! Man, put some prices up for the oil caps and center caps so I can pay you!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Dart, just found this thread. I also need two shifter inserts for 555's (pull type shifter) I like the CSX ones above. The one on the left would be my preference but with the "CSX" in red. That would be one and the other with "rampage" under the shift pattern. Im also interested in the oil cap centers but I didnt see a price in the thread. Im not sure if Ive cleaned out my PM box well enough yet but if you cant PM me then just respond back in this thread please. BTW thanks very much for doing these!

Garrett booster

I have some extra pieces. Some are abandoned purchases, others are parts that I made while testing depths of cuts, and some have slight flaws that others may not even notice or care about. Some are without color and I've left them that way so I could finish them to desired scheme of purchaser.
    The Shelby centers were made for aftermarket rim insert replacement. I unfortunately made them wrong by getting my numbers mixed between jobs. They measure 1.975" dia. X .160" thick.

http://www.x-plane.org/home/sideslip...2/Remnants.jpg

I'm at a standstill on the CS medallions, centers, etc. With the cold temps I'm having bad luck trying to get decent finishes with my color application. I don't have a heating system in my garage with around the clock thermostatic control. Work is only allowing me a couple hours at night to do anything and I can't get the ambient temp up in that amount of time.
    I have a few medallions that were made to 1-7/8" diameter. I did not have the dimension of the Shelby catalog cap medallion, or the SL centercap. My original development and testing of them was just my guess from pictures. For the future I have made two more CAD/CAM file sets for 1.8125" and 1.670".

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    What was the cost? I like both and will get one of each if they aren't too expensive. Please PM me a total.
    $20 each + $5 shipping per order.
    Last edited by DartGTS340; 01-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.

I don't see any of the CSX ones in the picture (by the way, you need to edit it, I had to work to get to the image). I'll take one of each of the CSX ones when you start making those again. If you have them now, just PM me what you need and I'll send some money.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I dont know if anyone else had this problem but the link didnt work for me for some reason

Got both of mine, excellent work. I would put the quality along the lines of something Slowe would make. Thanks man!

Mark - here are some pics of mine insert installed. Also, the other piece you sent me I placed on the Centurion and the oil cap and took some pics. I like it on the oil cap, if I can figure out a way to adhere it I may go that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209103018.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	43937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209103054.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	43936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209103215.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	468.4 KB 
ID:	43938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209103619.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	430.6 KB 
ID:	43939  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast