Thread: Non turbo mopar brake question looking for some input!!!!

Garrett booster

Non turbo mopar brake question looking for some input!!!!

I was gonna post this in the other vehicle section but I feel il get more hits here...
    I've gotten a wild hair and I want to convert all my drum cars to disc at least front... I have 2 58 Chrysler
    imperials where brake parts are impossible to find so I did some test firing of a bunch of other cars parts and I'm pretty sure it's gonna work. Ive got 1980 cj7 rotors I needed for the 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern and some dual piston grand Cherokee calipers. Everything looks like it will fit just need to build some brackets... I have some 1/4 in plate do you think this will be strong enough or do I need to go thicker?????

Hybrid booster

Re: Non turbo mopar brake question looking for some input!!!!

I'd think your 1st stop would be on www.imperialclub.com with AJJ Brake out there on the left coast being a close 2nd. Not trying to run you off but it seams tah me that theirs ah bunch of difference between FULL FRAME RWD 5000# 392 HEMI CAR WITH FINZ AND OUR LITTLE FWD TURBO ROCKETS. BTW, I like my pushbutton 727 too, Jer

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

1/4" should be fine but check out these guys, I use them for my customer vehicles-

www.scarebird.com

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

1/4" should be fine but check out these guys, I use them for my customer vehicles-

www.scarebird.com
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Yea there's a huge diffrence I know i just fresher up the 392 on my 4 door broke two engine stands that's worked fine for the 440 in my superbee. I've seen the aaj's also I frequent lmperial club. I had scarebird ready to make me a braket but they dicked me around for a month. I really dident feel like fabing anything on the but after scarebird I said F$&# it im just gonna make it.. Everything is mocked up I just wasent sure if 1/4 plate would be strong enough

Really? They've been awesome for anything I've needed.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Garrett booster

They were great I talked with them back and forth for 2-3 weeks about making up something for imperials. Because of the diffrent bolt pattern. So there was a diffrent rotor needed diffrent braket and a special spacer. So he finally said it can be done would take longer and cost a little more.. So I said no problem. If I like the braket il buy a 2nd for my 2 door imperial and then il also buy one for my new Yorker and my d200 pickup. So I paypaled money. 2 weeks later sent a email asking to keep me updated on progress. A week later he emailed me stating they haven't received payment. So is ent all the PayPal Info and #s. no reply 2 more weeks go by sent another email still stating they havent received payment. Sent info again. Back and forth a few times "they found the payment" then said it would take another month. So I said screw it.

Bummer, sorry to hear that,

Garrett booster

It's cool in this kind of economy It's up to the vendor to work for the business I know at my job we bend over backward for them. I guess I expect the same in return... Especially in this instance with a smaller comp and I'm willing to purchese 4 separate products as long the first set works the way they say it will. Either way I'd much rather make something then buy off the shelf. But this instance I reall just wanted to get the car rolling before winter..so I dident want to fab time but it's ok.