Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Dodge in Original great to mint condition or restored.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Shelby Dodge in Original great to mint condition or restored.

Date: 22nd August 2012
    Username: V8GremlinX
    Full Name:Rich Bollei
    City, State, Zip:Livonia Mi 48152
    Wanted Price:

Description: i know i have had a few wanted ad's but after alot of think etc and talking to wife, im going to go all out possibly. Im looking to see whats out on market, but lets just say im interested in any true shelby car thats in great to mint condition.(1st place show condition :-).) original or restored. no dents/rust. gotta be able to drive anywhere. must be turbo and a manual. prefer a a/c car, would prefer a numbered car but im open, would be interested in C/S cars.
    im pre-approved through jjbest for a loan for a classic/exotic loan. i called today to make sure shelby dodge's would qualify and they said yes. Please let me know what u might have or might know is forsale. ty Rich
    Rich Bollei 1987 New Yorker T2 "Poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency on mine"

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Shelby Dodge in Original great to mint condition or restored.

I believe im interested also in a Chrysler TC. can these only be had in a DOHC?.
    Rich Bollei 1987 New Yorker T2 "Poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency on mine"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

The TC can also be had in T-II or 3.0 V6. In fact, you'll find it easier to find one of these engine options over the 16V.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

16V TC or bust!

Saw the CSX on ebay but looks to have many flaws for price.

Hybrid booster

What are you looking to spend? I understand an exact figure will depend on the car, but do you have a ballpark figure of what you're expecting to pay?

6700-12,000, 6700 because thats the min i can borrow from jjbest. i really want a show car. i figured up to 12k has got to fetch a nice one. very little to know paint flaws, mech perfect. # Match, Original car(small mods are okay as long as its in good taste and doesnt affect qualilty. ty. i guess since im looking for a Shelby car its time to sell my 2 piece intake with +20 injectors that took forever to find...

Rich

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by V8GremlinX View Post
    i really want a show car. i figured up to 12k has got to fetch a nice one. very little to know paint flaws, mech perfect. # Match, Original car
    Cool! You should be able to find a pretty nice car in the price range. I don't think $12k will buy the best of the best, but you will without a doubt be able to get a very very nice car for that. It will take some time, as the really nice ones don't pop up too often, but they do pop up. You'll just need to keep your eyes peeled for a while...

You need to join this group. http://www.chryslertcbymaseraticlub.com/

There is an annual meet in Fla coming up soon. St. Augustine. The newsletter has some really choice cars for sale once in a while.

Garrett booster

I have an '87 Shelby Lancer, #63. 90k miles, mint condition. If you wiki "Shelby Lancer", that's my car Literally.

Mitsu booster

I may have just what you are looking for!! 1987 GLHS #970. Originally sold in Alabama--- RUSTFREE!! Currently in Illinois with 49000 miles. All original, unmodified, runs and drives excellent. Priced well within your aforementioned budget. Email me for more details and phone number. I would much rather talk than type. Thanx, Tom dsmifs1979@yahoo.com

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

How about a completely restored GLH Turbo with a period correct spearco intercooler kit installed.
    See it here:

http://www.greatlakeshotrod.com/Grea...omplished.html

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    How about a completely restored GLH Turbo with a period correct spearco intercooler kit installed.
    See it here:

http://www.greatlakeshotrod.com/Grea...omplished.html

i love it. how much? have a apraised value? don't know if jjbest would to a GLH, they only told me they would do a Shelby. but i didnt ask.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by lobux1 View Post
    I may have just what you are looking for!! 1987 GLHS #970. Originally sold in Alabama--- RUSTFREE!! Currently in Illinois with 49000 miles. All original, unmodified, runs and drives excellent. Priced well within your aforementioned budget. Email me for more details and phone number. I would much rather talk than type. Thanx, Tom dsmifs1979@yahoo.com
    Rich, if you need me to check out this car I certainly could.

Mitsu booster

Cordes, I think you have already seen my car. My son and I drove it to the Chicagoland SDAC meet in 2011. We met you in the motel parking lot. I am just Southwest of Springfield, Illinois---maybe 2 hours West of you. If Rich wants you to check out the car, I would be willing to meet you halfway, somewhere around Decatur would work.
    Thanx, Tom

im still considering everything everyone posts. i ty for that. im still torn on what to do. I keep telling myself i would love to restore my new yorker and have one of the nicest out there since not many are out there nice anymore. And i love the comfort of the car, or i keep telling myself that its going to cost alot to get it where i want and it will most likely not ever be worth anything like a Shelby car can. And getting parts for this ride are tough(interior and exterior trim). I wish more people out there had restored NY's or close to give ideas etc but there isnt. ty again for all the cars people have listed. I really like the Omni GLH that ajakeski posted a link to. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lobux1 View Post
    Cordes, I think you have already seen my car. My son and I drove it to the Chicagoland SDAC meet in 2011. We met you in the motel parking lot. I am just Southwest of Springfield, Illinois---maybe 2 hours West of you. If Rich wants you to check out the car, I would be willing to meet you halfway, somewhere around Decatur would work.
    Thanx, Tom
    That's what I thought, but I forgot your name! Your car is very nice and I wouldn't mind meeting up again sometime.

Mitsu booster

Rich, I have a 1989 Dodge Lancer Shelby. This car is white with white wheels. It is all original, in excellent condition, but not mint, no rust, but the normal stone chips. It has the Turbo II engine with a manual close ratio 5-speed. Power everything, gray leather interior, power sun roof and even the electronic navigator. Interior in great condition. Original 52,XXX miles. Always stored inside. I am the original owner and I am asking $6500 for the car. Mike marsfam80@gmail.com

Do it Rich!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast