Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Shelby Lancer #79 1st Dyno results

Hybrid booster

Re: Shelby Lancer #79 1st Dyno results

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Don't believe intercooler ratings, EVER. Lots of companies rate horizontal intercoolers that are 24 or 30" long with a 12x3 flowpath as having more flow than a 9" tall verticle cooler with 20x3 flowpath. Yah right! I have even seen them rate intercoolers higher the longer they are!.

If your intercooler was a concern, it would be the core (design or something). The Piping size is not the issue.
    I totally agree with you there that's why I put "supposed to flow..."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Sorry about that. M=1 means Mach 1 or the speed of sound.

I'm 99.99% sure higher density actually means higher speed of sound. Temperature affects the speed of sound, which affects density. This is why temperature data is also important when trying to eek every little thing out of a system, or balance it out. Knowing the pressure only gives you part of the story.
    Ok, the speed of airflow @ Mach 1 is approx. 1116 feet per second at sea level that varies according to altitude, temperature,etc. as mentioned. But the maximum speed of air for making horsepower is around .6 Mach or approx. 650 feet per second due to friction within the ports and some other factors. After airflow reaches this 650 feet per second it starts to choke. When (@ what RPM) this speed of the airflow happens depends on the size of the engine vs. the area of the ports,valve diameter,TB, intercooler tubing,camshaft duration etc. One also has to look at how the engine is designed. An over square engine (bore larger than stroke) will be willing to make HP higher in the R's with the same area of the ports etc. than a under square engine (stroke larger than bore). The rod to stroke ratio also plays a big role when this 650 feet per second happens with a higher rod to stroke ratio (long rod) willing to make HP higher in the R's than a lower rod to stroke ratio engine (short rod) with the same available flow area. I think you may have choking of the air flow going on with some of your parts. Hope this helps!

Hybrid booster

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Pics are broken?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

It's Photobucket...they are now charging to 3rd party host pictures. If you have anything on there...take it off!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567