Thread: Thank You Turboshad, Turbo2point2 and Rbryant

boostaholic

Thank You Turboshad, Turbo2point2 and Rbryant

Broke the car in autoXing and this is the results of your efforts: DJ for the tubular A-arms, Brian for the K-frame and Rich for putting together a coil-over package. Atho my car has bracing on the inner fenders and firewall, the car does not have a roll cage or an anti-swaybar. The pictures are at the hardest corner on the course, the comparison shot is of the car that posted the fastest time of the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoX 8-03.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	41070 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdporsche.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	41071

oh and Thanks to Frank and the moderators of this site to make this possible

Mike

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: Thank You Turboshad, Turbo2point2 and Rbryant

I love those wheels on there.

Do you know the spring rates on your car?

Also, sounds like since you have that kind of suspension and R1Rs (iirc) you've really limited your possible list of excuses.. you'll have to be pretty fast at autox to live up to the car!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by fishcleaner View Post
    Broke the car in autoXing and this is the results of your efforts: DJ for the tubular A-arms, Brian for the K-frame and Rich for putting together a coil-over package. Atho my car has bracing on the inner fenders and firewall, the car does not have a roll cage or an anti-swaybar. The pictures are at the hardest corner on the course, the comparison shot is of the car that posted the fastest time of the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoX 8-03.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	41070 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdporsche.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	41071

oh and Thanks to Frank and the moderators of this site to make this possible

Mike
    So how did you do compared to the fastest car though? More curiosity really. And I would imagine that setup is kick butt, always wanted the tubular K member and control arms.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post

Do you know the spring rates on your car?
    Also, sounds like since you have that kind of suspension and R1Rs (iirc) you've really limited your possible list of excuses.. you'll have to be pretty fast at autox to live up to the car!
    Springs are 6k up front and 4k in the rear. You got that right about living up to the car, it was faster than I could physically steer the car, will have to upgrade the steering ratio somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    So how did you do compared to the fastest car though? More curiosity really. And I would imagine that setup is kick butt, always wanted the tubular K member and control arms.
    I suck as a driver, lost my class by .15 seconds to a stock looking '08 VW Rabbit, we were in some kind of street prepared class. As for the field, was near the top out of 30 cars but 4 seconds behind the FTD. The K-frame and A-arms work, the first couple of turns I couldn't concentrate because I was wondering "What the hell kind of car is this?" it was so flat. I wanted one of the good drivers to take the car out but they chose do do more runs and leave out the "fun" runs at the end, of course that's when the Rabbit had his best time.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Dibs on your K frame and control arms if you upgrade!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Nice to hear some Real results! Carefull though, any more and ppl around here are gonna start thinking I'm Not crazy............

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Nice to hear some Real results! Carefull though, any more and ppl around here are gonna start thinking I'm Not crazy............
    No worries there Rob.

Garrett booster

I'd love to try out those control arms/k-member in my Daytona but it would move me from D street prepared where I'm semi-competitive to street modified where I'd have no chance at all to be competitive.