Thread: 03 cummins water/meth info

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

03 cummins water/meth info

im actualy using a devils own kit , set-up at 15 psi , 10 gph nozzle , stock engine and turbo , afe intake , upgraded injectors -pump and trans with a bullydog , made 378 hp and 786 tq at the wheels and take off 50 hp and 50 tq without the meth nozzle at 30 psi (he341), we like truck pulling but now the new trucks are hard to beat . Im looking to add a 7 gph nozzle so im gonna have 17 gph in total , idk when its too much tho or make it twin stage so the 7 gph kick in before the 10 gph , anyone have suggestion ? right now i want to stay with the stock turbo for money reasons ... thanks

manu

Garrett booster

Re: 03 cummins water/meth info

Even at that boost level the He341 is out of breath and making hot air. The He351 with the waste gate passage opened up will support/cool around 500 h.p. Depending on who you ask, guys are running between 34-42 p.s.i. with that charger. With meth I would expect 40-42 p.s.i. would work well. I don't think you will ever see close to the power your capable of making without upgrading the turbo first. the He341 works well for a stocker, but will not support/cool much more than that.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

thanks , that is what Iwas afraid of ... the he341 is out of breath , at least it still working good after being at 30 psi for almost 7 years , for the alky i went on devilsown calculator and its suggesting 10 gph for 30 psi so im gonna keep the set-up this way for now .My father drive big rigs and he may get good deals on old big holsets so im gonna wait and see for next season

Garrett booster

The He351 is the stock turbo on 04.5 up 5.9 CTD trucks. They are getting harder to find, but they are still around when guys upgrade from them to twins or larger single. There are actually a couple places using them as the primary turbo on twins with a few mods. I saw one sell recently fairly reasonable, considering what the larger singles cost. You won't hurt it at 30 p.s.i., your just done making power.