1987 Plymouth Horizon

Date: 06th August 2012
    User Name: wallace
    [B]Full Name: Wallace Barnette
    [B]City, State, Zip:Chesterfield, VA
    [B]Contact: PM for phone number?
    Selling or Wanted Price: $3000
    Description: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ymouth-Horizon

See the thread above for pictures of the car and details of what has been done to date. I'll try and break down all of the parts I have that go with the car.

HY35 turbo charger. It is in good condition and you could probably use it as is. I have a BAE kit for this turbo to rebuild it.
    Header; 1.5" primaries with standard t3 flange and external wastegate.
    Turbonetics 38 mm wastegate
    91 A568 transmission with 3.50 FD the FD needs to be installed. I bought this from Stewdaddy it appears to be in excellent condition with low mileage.
    90 A523 3.50 final drive. I bought this out of a salvage yard with 49,000 miles on it.
    92 A523 3.77 final drive. I pulled this out of a Shadow it is used condition unknown. I bought it for the gear set and FD
    OBX diff with bearings installed and races.
    90' 2.5 engine. .020" Wiseco's from TU, T2 rods, ARP head studs, main studs, wavelock rod bolts. It is fresh I reassembled and set bearing clearances to .0025" with a dial bore gauge and micrometer. 87' swirl head with +1mm valves, cant remember what valve springs they are in the build thread I believe, Head was professionally ported by Eric Bradby, T2 lower intake with custom upper using a Lengel flange, spare Lengel flange, Ishihara scraper and windage tray assembly, aluminum fuel rail, new timing belt, adjustable cam gear, 88 tbi roller cam that is indexed for round tooth.
    Bare 90' common block that has been prepped for DOHC hybrid setup. pristine 2.5 crank needs nothing but a polish to install.
    98' 2.4 head with 80,000 miles on it in VGC with valve cover.
    Aeromotive regulator
    New TBI fuel tank
    custom dual #6 pickup with a single #6 return all out of 316 ss tubing.
    dual 255 lpr walbro pumps, y-block to #8 feed to fuel rail. #6 return
    All new poly bushings for front and rear suspension
    1" sway bar from Johnny that has been installed
    New in box TRW manual rack.
    spare fender.
    copper/brass core radiator that has been flushed and checked. spare copper brass radiator in FC would need to be cleaned etc.
    knockoff spearco IC with welded mandrel tubing.
    External oil filter mount, thermostat, and small oil cooler. all installed except cooler needs to be mounted.
    Buddy Club 15x7 wheels with 205/50/15 new tires that have not been mounted. I don't remember the brand but can get it.
    Hella headlights with upgraded bulbs
    custom cold air intake with 409 SS 4" tubing and K&N filter
    S10 air dam installed
    spare grill
    SC knuckles, new NAPA bearing assemblies that need to be installed
    VW MKII Bilstein HD strut inserts in factory L body strut assemblies. These are installed and work very well much better dampening than adjustable Koni's IMO.
    1 1/8" sway bar and stock 7/8" bar. I don't have new bushings for the bar.
    MS2 set up for dual HEPS in stock distributor, second fuel pump activation based on two variables, fan control, COP ignition with LS2 coils. I have bench tested the MS2 with a jim stim using the 2.2/2.5 code and I have sync should be no problems. Car is wired, the only addition that needs to be made is a wideband.

There is alot of stuff and I've probably forgotten some of it. You could buy it and part it out and make a decent profit. Things have changed for me and I just am unable to continue with the project. I don't have time to sell the parts off and ship etc. If you are interested PM me and I will give you my phone number and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: 1987 Plymouth Horizon

90 A523 3.50 final drive. I bought this out of a salvage yard with 49,000 miles on it.
    92 A523 3.77 final drive. I pulled this out of a Shadow it is used condition unknown. I bought it for the gear set and FD
    If you get no takers on the whole thing I would be very interested. Cash in hand and drive down and pick them up.

Hybrid booster

Wallace, I'm sorry to see you selling it. Hope all is OK.

turbo addict

Bumping this back up. Car is together and runs. I installed 36-1 crank trigger and ditched the dual HEP setup. A568 done by cliff with OBX and 3.50 FD. TU Purple plate and 4 puck clutch. billet steel flywheel from Cindy. Very conservative tune to 15 lbs boost. Clean title, needs a horn fix to pass inspection. Let me know if you are interested.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    Bumping this back up. Car is together and runs. I installed 36-1 crank trigger and ditched the dual HEP setup. A568 done by cliff with OBX and 3.50 FD. TU Purple plate and 4 puck clutch. billet steel flywheel from Cindy. Very conservative tune to 15 lbs boost. Clean title, needs a horn fix to pass inspection. Let me know if you are interested.
    Knock it off Wallace, we've been thru this... Builder=best owner the car is ever gonna have

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Gotta agree with Alan here. I mean no doubt I'd love to own it, but I'd be lost in that engine bay for a while...we'd hafta be neighbors or something. Best of luck no matter what happens!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Wallace, sent you a pm.
    I'd like to meet to see it tomorrow if you can. Need to check it out for a motivated friend.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Car is disassembled. All of the parts are for sale with the exception of the engine stuff. The chassis still has the bilstein shocks/struts and LRE springs. welded k member poly bushings in all of the suspension components. I'll try and start a new parts thread to detail what's there.

turbo addict

Hi I srill have the roller for sale. Includes bilstein hd shocks and struts. Coil over setup in back lre springs in front. SC kn6ckles new wheel bearings front and back. New trw manual rack with coupler. 5 lug conversion with single pin brake upgrade. New mc and brakes all around. Very little rust in the car. I will include all of the extra l body parts I have. Will include 4 steelies with tires that roll. $800 for all of it.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    . . the roller for sale.
    Wallace
    I sent you a PM
    Thx - Andy

turbo addict

Replied. Thanks.