Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Causes of knock in low rpms...

boostaholic

Re: Causes of knock in low rpms...

Hey cordes...heres the Screen shots...the first set is for the Fullthrottle and second is part throttle.

boostaholic

Update:

Well, last night i pulled the harness out and checked every connection...all the way back to the smec...every wire checked out good...wiggled the connectors while doing it and it and still all wires were good...i closed up some of the connectors with the spades on them to create a tighter grab on the males...i also did it to the banjo connectors....i also checked each injector for ohms and all of them were at 2.5ohms. I did find one thing i don't like, and thats my number 4 injector banjo clip...one side of the plastic is broke...so when i put the connector on, i can pull it right back off with ease..these are suppose to snap on and not be able to come off without undoing the clip right..? I also check all my plugs, wires, cap, and rotor...everything ok....

I started her back up and went for a drive....i had one blip of knock when the car was cold....after that...no knock at all....this morning i took it to work...no knock at all...my AF ratio is staying steady.....so i am thinking that i was having real knock because on of my injectors wasn't working properly cause it had a crappy connection..Hopefully it stays ok.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Cool, hope thats it Tom!

The plug that comes off, is the wire clip missing?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you can get injector pigtails on ebay and other sites (diyautotune maybe?) for a reasonable price.

i had some sketchy injector pigtails... im remaking my entire injector harness from scratch. one less thing to be concerned with...

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    you can get injector pigtails on ebay and other sites (diyautotune maybe?) for a reasonable price.

i had some sketchy injector pigtails... im remaking my entire injector harness from scratch. one less thing to be concerned with...

Brian
    An a failure there is a pretty big thing to be concerned with. Making a new injector harness is so easy there is no reason to have an old one in the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12