Thread: 92 Spirit RT.....

turbo addict

92 Spirit RT (pics and vids)......

Date: 28th July 2012
    Username: tsiconquest88
    Full Name: Joe Croce
    City, State, Zip: Wallkill, NY 12589
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)
    tsiconquest88@hotmail.com and/or pm for contact number.

For starters here is the link to the reason i even decided to end up selling it. Post one has a link for pics of the damage.... http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...850#post934850

Anyway onto more about the car. It has a holset hx35. 3" exhaust from cindy with a downpipe i had made from the turbo to the rest of her exhaust. The downpipe/flange was done great, however the short 16" or so piece i used from the downpipe elbow i had made to meet the rest of cindy's exhaust is fit ok but needs to be welded as the band clamps i used frm cindy arent holding it tight enough, whatever no biggy anyway. Has stock inectors, adustable rail mounted fpr, stock fuel pump. An electronic boost controller from mike hollers design to work off a map sensor. It runs to amount of boost per your map sensor ability. Its upgraded to around 28 psi if you run a 3 bar map. I can only get 8 psi out of her right now for some reason anyway but it is hooked up right as i had it there prior to the holset and it was fine and worked how it should to set psi. Not sure if its something with how my wastegate/bracket setup is done maybe needs a lighter wg spring? idk. Pre-load is done how a wg are typically done. Starts boosting around 3200 and hits the 8 psi by 3500 or so, and pulls pretty hard for such a large turbo at such low boost!!! I will have a video put up of it from a roll to give an idea. Car runs great! been using it daily this spring/summer. Has a mint oem oil pump/ishaft i scored thanks to kelly (turbo3iroc). It was a correct shaft/pump from a recall kit! I still had it cryoed anyway to boot. New tbelt tensioned correctly via a tool borrowed from cindy that i paid otc to calibrate. she can confirm this. I did it all correct and has Jackson's idler relocation done. And his retainers for lower valve spring tension and new valve stem seals via cindy! Mike holler powdercoated the intake manifold and valve covers/valley cover and coil pack bracket. Has 10mm magnecore plug wires. Has lengel's tbelt tensioner too. I did all that shortly after i got the car, the egine had been all rebuilt and tbelt got sloppy and did in the ishaft/pump that the person i got it from had done. I had shut it right down as i seen the oil pressure drop right off the bat. Had it towed home and did all that stuff. I have pics of no damage to the bearings. Cleaned everything out i have used the car 20k miles so far since and good to go. Even had the pan off to check on things over the spring. And to put one of the nice felpro re-usable pan gaskets on figured i would check up on the ishaft/pump so i took the pump off. This was around 15k miles. New water pump was done at previous owner before i got it when he rebuilt. The rebuild only had 500 miles on it when the ishaft went when i bought it. Probably helped as to why no bearing damage was done. If it aint broke dont rebuild it i figured. He also had done new rings. I have the packaging for this stuff he had done still. ARP head studs were used and not sure what head gasket was used i know it was a good one, might have been a cometic but not sure. Hasnt given me a problem ayway. Has a spearco style same side 2.5" in/out intercooler with aluminum powdercoated black 2.5" piping and silicone couplers. Has 16" painted pumpers. front tires are good rears are down to just about their last life lol. was going to be changing that soon too! I had a lot more plas for this car but now im just going to try and sell it to accumulate more money in addition to the totaled out money i got (see next paragraph) and get a newer car and me and my fionce to finally get married lol.

The car can be repaired. If it dont sell worst case i keep it and maybe not get married yet well its been 5 years now whats the rush if it came to not selling it holding us up again lol. I love it ad maybe one day get around to fix it. right now i figure i dont feel like messing with replacing the trac bar, upper trac bar, possible axle, etc. My repair estimate was 2877 and change. I got 3200 from the person's insurance company from it being totaled out. Needs the rear drivers side door but the quarter needs to be repaired too. She backed into it leaving her driveway probably going fast as she usually does and nailed it, sliding it over a foot having the wheel stop it at the curb on the passenger side. Besides the body in the rear now being 3 inches to the right over the wheel now having the plastic of the fenderwell touching the tire slightly its not good to drive daily lol. Could surely get it to new owner. The tire and plastic mainly rub when going over inclines or bump in the road. Paint is original and in pretty darn good shape for its age. Some clear peal on the pass rear corner of the roof, ront and back bumpers and a small spot on the hood. Still bright red. Pass front fender has a reg red spirit one and though not too noticeable when looking over the car in person off the bat it still definately a different red. i bought it that way. Any other questions feel free to contact me via the post format above. I will have more pics of the rest of the car here in this thread for engine bay and the areas not hit lol.

Not sure what to price it as due to the terms of its sale and it now going to have a salvage title. ot sure what i can do for someone else to be able to register it somehow? maybe someone knows but with all the parts and stuff done to it i would like to get a decent amount since it runs and runs well. We know how much the lotus heads are worth (and no this isnt a dunn head either) alone. If one had another rt and i were them and it was a unk body or whatever and vin for a red rt, i wouldnt hesitate to throw at least its vin dash tag in this one and register. What authority would know or even care. Just dont sell it that way lol.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Last edited by tsiconquest88; 07-29-2012 at 04:27 PM.

turbo addict

Re: 92 Spirit RT.....

Here is the vids driving and walkarounds. The road I was on is twisty. So I didn't get to crazy since I was doing the video myself lol.
    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...it%20rt%20for/

turbo addict

Come on guys 1500 take it away. Its repairable. I even been driving it. Not by choice though lol. Trying to find a decent car locally in my price range. That price is worth in engine and Turbo alone

turbo addict

Sold to Adam (lengel).

Garrett booster

If he needs parts let me know. I have everything needed to fix it if he doesnt. Will give him a good deal on it all.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    Sold to Adam (lengel).
    Good! I was getting tempted!

turbo addict

Yea I actually mentioned him to you Mike. He isn't sure what he has planned with it though.
    Lol Kelly! U woulda had some good parts of yours back haha