Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woody wagon pic

Garrett booster

woody wagon pic

I don't know how to do a link, but go check out dragracecentral.com. click on photos, then go down to jul 24, lodrs 6-4 shawn kvaas. They put a pic of my wagon on there. I did end up qualifying #1 in the 45 car field. I won't be racing for about 6 weeks, but hope to get back out there at the end of the year.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: woody wagon pic

turbo addict

Cool. I've got an 87' T&C woody for my daily driver and I love that car. Way to go.

What does it run??

Mods??

More Info PLZ!!!!!

Garrett booster

My best run is 14.44@91.6 mph with a 2.02 60 ft at 3150 ponds. My car is an original 87' log with 58,000 miles, I converted it to a 1 peice, +20's, fwdp stg 5 computer, mbc@16 psi. I run 22x8x15 slicks, the trans is rebuilt oem with a shift kit and a spool, I leave it in drive and shifts@6000 rpm, and goes thru the finish at 4400 rpm. My next mods include getting different steel wheels for the front so my wire hub caps can be run, and lowering the shift points. I might try to set the nhra national record in DF/S class as well, Its at 14.50@91.38 right now.

turbo addict

Way to go, good luck!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Love the hubcaps but I am surprised they let you leave them on. Not sure they'll let you keep them on the front as the flex could pop them off.

Going to be at Mission for the 17th?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

the center cap is bolted to the hubcap, and the hubcap is bolted to wheel. I won't be back from work until mid september.

Gotcha.

Bummer, see you in September, maybe, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 woodywagon View Post
    I leave it in drive and shifts@6000 rpm, and goes thru the finish at 4400 rpm. .
    You need the 1.22 transfer gears, on my Son's Shadow they picked up .4 and added about 3 mph on top....!!!

Went from consistant 14.00 @ 94 to 13.60's at a best of 99 mph+. Me like.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

My best run is 14.44@91.6 mph with a 2.02 60 ft at 3150 ponds. My car is an original 87' log with 58,000 miles, I converted it to a 1 peice, +20's, fwdp stg 5 computer, mbc@16 psi. I run 22x8x15 slicks, the trans is rebuilt oem with a shift kit and a spool, I leave it in drive and shifts@6000 rpm, and goes thru the finish at 4400 rpm. My next mods include getting different steel wheels for the front so my wire hub caps can be run, and lowering the shift points. I might try to set the nhra national record in DF/S class as well, Its at 14.50@91.38 right now.
    Shawn - what year are you claiming for that car? Be careful setting the record, you will get torn down. If you claim it as an '87, they will probably toss you for running the 1-pc intake. It wasn't available in '87...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

^ yep. Might not be something you actually want...

So there is no intercooler in this car? Or just forgot to list it?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

No IC guys.

Interesting. Well, they sold them with a 1pc in 88 iirc, but that was with the mitsu turbo, so there's a problem there too.

Garrett booster

Hey guys I've been running stock eliminator since 1998 with my firebird, and just sold it in May of this year. I ran a best of -1.07 under the new index in K/SA. Rob I have been thru nhra tear down many times and know the rule book very well. I run the car as an 88' hence the 1 peice. No problem on the turbo, there is only a inlet size spec.

Well i guess the NHRA is too dumb to know which part of the intake matters if they think the mitsu and garrett have the same intake size! You can slip a 2.5" hose on both of them, must be the same! More power to you!

Hey guys I've been running stock eliminator since 1998 with my firebird, and just sold it in May of this year. I ran a best of -1.07 under the new index in K/SA. Rob I have been thru nhra tear down many times and know the rule book very well. I run the car as an 88' hence the 1 peice. No problem on the turbo, there is only a inlet size spec.
    Even though its registered as an 87?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Yeah, OK. I assumed you must run it as an '88.

Have they actually looked at your turbo? I know the 2 times I've been torn down, all they really wanted was my turbo. They not only measured the inlet size, they also counted the number of blades and checked the turbo P/N. But, that's Div 3. Your div might tech it differently. I know the rules allow for 'the inlet size +2mm'. But, I have never been able to find the NHRA inlet size specs for the Mitsu.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Even though its registered as an 87?
    It doesn't matter what it's registered as. If it's in the classification guide in '88, you can 'move' it to '88. Since the body is the same, it really doesn't matter. Technically, you are supposed to make the other body changes to make it correct. But, who really knows what (if any) body changes there were?

For example, I can race my Daytona as an '87 up thru '91. There are advantages to doing that. For example, the '89 Daytona is a natural A/FS car. Which means I can only bump it up to AA or down to B. But, if I claim it as a '91 C/S, then it's a natural B car (the curb weight of the '91's is higher) and race it in C. Which would be silly, actually - I would be like 2 seconds under the C index. It would just piss a bunch of people off...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Rob I just looked in the class guide under 1989. The specs are 1.683" compressor wheel diameter, and 1.707" for housing diameter. These are also the same specs for ALL 87' and 88' turbo cars. They also allow you to run a log set up in 88'. As far as looking at your stuff, they don't do it unless you go for a national record, get chosen for random tear down at a national event, or someone in your class puts up protest money to have something specifically measured(and if you do measure good you get to keep the protest money!). Also it has been my experience going thru tear down, that sometimes they measure other things just to collect data, and to compare to others specs from similar combos. You are allowed to run superseded part numbers. And R/T I already have 1.22 transfer gears, but I am waiting to get this axle problem handled first, before I even think of using them, plus in stock we don't really want to run more than a second under. I've run -1.16 under in testing. That -.999 under run in woodburn was just perfect.

Thanks, good info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast