Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheese N' Wheels 2012 Sept 1st-3rd

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Cheese N' Wheels 2012 Sept 1st-3rd

Wow, this is the most they've ever changed it before. Although I did hear someone mention something about a 100 year rain this morning...

I hope folks can make it if their schedule allows. Sounds like the real action is going to be on Monday. I do have a contact that could give out pertinent info if anyone really needs me to do some digging.

Hybrid booster

Seriously?

From the website...

"CAR SHOW -Will OPEN ON SCHEDULE SATURDAY"

They're going to have the car show in the rain? Bummer...

No cheese parade...double bummer...

Oh the humanity....

CG

Quote Originally Posted by chryguy View Post
    Seriously?

From the website...

"CAR SHOW -Will OPEN ON SCHEDULE SATURDAY"

They're going to have the car show in the rain? Bummer...

No cheese parade...double bummer...

CG
    Yeah Brian called me this morning to let me know, but I had zero intentions to go up there since they canceled everything and moved the other events to later days, undetermined at that. That's kinda irresponsible of them to say canceled, no rescheduling and then say, "Hey, we're back on!!!" Dumb.

Regardless, Cordes and Blakemore will decimate all in the contest and I fully support them in their endeavors!!!!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

I just got back home. I'll give a full write up later, but for now I'll say that the cancellation on the website was an error. There was no rain at all today until we were driving home a few minutes ago.

Another national title and many first time trophies were taking home today. Pics and story to come in the next few days! Thanks for everyone's interest and support.

It's time for the full write up now.

We did very well at Cheese N' Wheels 2012 as a group! There was one national title, and a world championship taken home along with several trophies from the car show.

I defended my title by repeating as the Cheese Eating National champion. It was the closest race yet as I beat the guy to my left by 2 seconds! Blakemore was certainly in the top five, but he didn't get enough time to prep his cheese with the knife he had this year and it really cost him. He's in the foreground of the pic.

What Blakemore left on the table at the cheese eating was more than made up for by his performance at the first ever World Championship Cheese Curd Spitting contest. He literally spit his curd into the next county and bested the next closest competitor by over 3ft. He was darn near double my measured difference. Joy was no slouch in the women's side losing by a small margin to a local college basketball coach.

Due to the crazy weather over the weekend the car show was off, then on, then off according to the news. I called the folks at the festival and they assured me that the car show was to go on as planned. We decided to take the blue Omni and the Daytona. As Jon was not attending Blakemore felt it best to take home the longest distance award while showing off the longevity and durability of his own 2.2 powered work truck. I'm forced to admit that since the show was top 25 vehicles and there were only 11 entered we all got a trophy. Blakemore's trophy was huge as it was the long haul award. I'm sure this was the first year where the winner actually hauled in some stone with them. After all it is the "Daily driver, unrestored survivor".

This is one of the few times that I've had a ton of people stop and talk with me about the cars. There were several people in attendance who had turbo Daytonas back when and were quite happy to relive a few stories with us. It was great to see how excited they were when they saw our car out there.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

There was even a little camel riding going on at the festival so Blakemore's friend Che decided to try that out. Blakemore feels that he's seen it all now.

Once we returned home there was a little bit of trophy inspection followed by some pics in our Championship shirts. We also managed to get a final group pic which included Che who was kind enough to take a bunch of pics for us throughout the weekend.

boostaholic

I was getting sick thinking about the cheese eating contest and when I saw the hocker launching pic, I hurled.....thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by fishcleaner View Post
    I was getting sick thinking about the cheese eating contest and when I saw the hocker launching pic, I hurled.....thanks for posting
    No problem! You should come down next year and get in on the action. We want to have a winner in every contest.

turbo addict

So did joy win the 5K or is that a participant shirt?

Oh and your buddy looks like this guy

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    So did joy win the 5K or is that a participant shirt?

Oh and your buddy looks like this guy

She did not win. She hadn't been training very much before hand. We didn't speak to her for a good portion of the afternoon on account of her not placing in her age group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12