Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese N' Wheels 2012 Sept 1st-3rd

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Cheese N' Wheels 2012 Sept 1st-3rd

This year is shaping up to be the biggest Cheese N' Wheels of all time. It is going to be the 4th year of Cheese N' Wheels, people are slated to come from at least 4 states, and it's the 40th annual Arthur Cheese Festival. Coincidence? Absolutely!

As in years past we will have a Cheese Festival Project which will yield Cheese Festival Miracles. There will be a sweet car show in which one of our own will win at least the long distance award. Free cheese will be given away by beautiful young ladies all day long. This year should again see one of our group become National Cheese Eating Champion, and come heck or high water one team WILL finally capture the Cheese Curling World Championship. I'm actually working on a ringer for that last one...

Where: Arthur, IL

When: Sept 1st (the day of the car show and eating contests), 2nd, & 3rd

More Details: There really is something for everyone at the Cheese Festival. Ladies love the Amish shops and crafts. Kids can't get enough of the free cheese, petting zoo, inflatables, and buggy rides. I would encourage everyone to bring their kid and enter them in the Cheese Eating Nationals youth division. It's free and they get to keep the cheese which they don't consume!

There is really too much to list so check out the official site for the Cheese Festival. http://www.arthurcheesefestival.com/

If you need info on rooms, area attractions, etc. feel free to PM me or post up here.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Re: Cheese N' Wheels 2012 Sept 1st-3rd

Mmmmmm... free cheese and beautiful young ladies, sounds like heaven! Unfortunately I've exhausted all of my vacation days for the year!

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

turbo addict

So you think this guy will headline the entertainment?

I think Garth Brooks actually played there before he was famous.

Bump for more action. This is the 40th Anneversary of the Cheese Festival. There's going to be way more stuff this year than ever before. There is even a new world championship event. Cheese Curd Spitting!

Petting zoo, slowest tractor race, cheese contests, beauty queens handing out free cheese, car show, vendors, crafts, Amish furniture and goods. You name it, and if it's small town Americana it'll be there this year.

ETA: On the music front there is a family which lives one town over who will be performing this year. They've written numerous chart topping hits for major Nashville artists over the last two years and they're getting big in their own right now. Catch them before they're household names FOR FREE.

My family plans on driving down again, although I just ran into a major dilemma...enter the wagon in the show, or the CSX-VNT I just picked up? Both are about in the same condition...good daily driver with sub-par paint!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your GLH again and the improvements in Jon's GLHS!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

I believe you mean MY csx-vnt that you're holding for me?

Quote Originally Posted by moparjon2007 View Post
    I believe you mean MY csx-vnt that you're holding for me?
    I dunno man, this thing runs great and is gonna clean up decently...might be kinda hard to wrestle from me
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Just giving ya the business man. You got a deal and it'd be hard to walk away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    My family plans on driving down again, although I just ran into a major dilemma...enter the wagon in the show, or the CSX-VNT I just picked up? Both are about in the same condition...good daily driver with sub-par paint!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your GLH again and the improvements in Jon's GLHS!
    Bring them all! If you can only bring one I would being the CSX though. I think would be nice to have multiple numbered Shelby Dodges there. Either way though it will be exciting. This should be another banner year for TM turnout!

Hybrid booster

Hey Brian,

How many years running are you THE cheese eating champ now?

Thinkin' of bringin' the K-vert...but that's a 6 hour round trip for me...

Since I just pulled it out of storage after 3 yrs, I might be askin' for trouble.

CG
    Last edited by chryguy; 08-30-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chryguy View Post
    I've never seen this car tooling around yet, that would be neat!

Unfortunately, the forecast for this Saturday is not good at all for a car show, it's supposed to be raining heavily Friday through Sunday.

If that ends up happening I'll probably have to make other plans with the wife and kids...this is a total bummer as we've all been really looking forward to the cheese eating contest!

Hybrid booster

Hey Paul,

Gotta' say, I thought it looked mighty sweet at the Babe's Cruise-in last night...but I may be a little biased.
    I think I'm gonna' take it to the Tilted Kilt Cruise-in tonight at the mall...

Looked at the forecast and your right, 80% chance of "heavy rain".

Bummer.

I'm guessin' they're basing that on Isaac showing up...but I thought it wasn't going to arrive until Sunday morning?

OK, Brian...we're counting on you to give us the cheese-weather-skinny...massive deluge or sunny skies.

CG

Quote Originally Posted by chryguy View Post
    Hey Brian,

How many years running are you THE cheese eating champ now?

Since I just pulled it out of storage after 3 yrs, I might be askin' for trouble.

CG
    This will be the first time trying to defend the crown. My old roommate is coming down from MI and I'll have to go through him to win it. He's a prior champ and the best I've seen at an event yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    I've never seen this car tooling around yet, that would be neat!

Unfortunately, the forecast for this Saturday is not good at all for a car show, it's supposed to be raining heavily Friday through Sunday.

If that ends up happening I'll probably have to make other plans with the wife and kids...this is a total bummer as we've all been really looking forward to the cheese eating contest!
    It is supposed to rain pretty much all day Saturday. The last time it was anything like this they rescheduled events for Sunday. It's supposedly going to start clearing up into Sunday and just be cloudy Monday. Since this is the 40th anniversary they have packed days throughout the weekend. If you guys wanted to you could come down for the Cheese Curd Spitting World Championship which I believe is going to be Monday.

Hybrid booster

Read the whole website and it sounds great but I didn't see any mention of a beer tent. How can you have cheese and no beer?
    KO, 86 T&C Turbo II 89 Daytona Shelby 84 Stingray SVB165SS

If they have one it's probably over by the concert area when those are going on. We haven't been interested in a band to stay that late yet, but I hear the group this year is actually a nationally known band, but they're local so they are doing it.

Looks like I will be there on Saturday morning, hopefully the weather will cooperate for a good show and not derail others to come.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Looks like I will be there on Saturday morning, hopefully the weather will cooperate for a good show and not derail others to come.
    That's what I'm hoping for too. Keep us informed as to your location. If we need to we'll save you a spot at the show. It'll be great to have at least three Shelby Dodges in the show this year. I hope the older gentleman with the really nice Lebaron makes it out again.

Blakemore should be in town by the time you get here. This should be one for the books!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for too. Keep us informed as to your location. If we need to we'll save you a spot at the show. It'll be great to have at least three Shelby Dodges in the show this year. I hope the older gentleman with the really nice Lebaron makes it out again.

Blakemore should be in town by the time you get here. This should be one for the books!
    For longest distance, I hope he gets his bearings wrong and misses the exit!! But obviously, I do hope it makes it there safely.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Car show cancelled for Saturday...hopefully they reschedule it for Sunday or Monday, but it's not re-listed yet
    Last edited by blk86trbo; 08-31-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast