Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Folks love my '87 Shelby Charger!

Garrett booster

Re: Folks love my '87 Shelby Charger!

My gear-head friend, Mike, (currently resto-modifying a '69 vette in his garage), went over my Shelby with a fine tooth comb, and liked it, especially when I took him for a ride! He said there's no question that it's faster than his old 5.0 Fox Body Mustang in it's day.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne in NJ View Post
    My gear-head friend, Mike, (currently resto-modifying a '69 vette in his garage), went over my Shelby with a fine tooth comb, and liked it, especially when I took him for a ride! He said there's no question that it's faster than his old 5.0 Fox Body Mustang in it's day.
    That's what I like to hear!

turbo addict

Driving these cars is an experience you dont forget

Garrett booster

It is a very nice looking car! Ever get to Bear Mountain show on Wednesday nights?

Since you are local to Teterboro come to the Allpar show on Sept 22, 2013 on Route 46!

http://www.allpar.com/i/meets/NJ/2013.html

I
    hope to be there with my 1985 Turbo Z and there should be a few other turbo mini mopars.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by DCTZ View Post
    It is a very nice looking car! Ever get to Bear Mountain show on Wednesday nights?

Since you are local to Teterboro come to the Allpar show on Sept 22, 2013 on Route 46!

http://www.allpar.com/i/meets/NJ/2013.html

I
    hope to be there with my 1985 Turbo Z and there should be a few other turbo mini mopars.
    My wife is a former Lodi-ite, but we actually live in Sayreville, but the Allpar show's NOT out of the question, that's for sure! (Remind me at the end of the summer, BTW)! ;^)
    Where is the Bear Mountain Show?
    Are you also on the NJMopars?

Garrett booster

My previously mentioned friend, Mike, was telling his bro Rick, (ANOTHER gear head), how fast my Charger takes off: "Did you ride in that?!? it would blow the Mustang away!" He also expressed (at least a passing) interest in checking out a used, low mileage, CSX, here in NJ.
    I think the long process of restoring the vette may also be getting to him! Suppliers sending him lousy parts that he has to return, (two or three different major parts), hasn't helped, either!

Garrett booster

Took Mike's bro, Rick for a ride last night, (see separate thread on idle problems), but he was also impressed with the way it flies! He confirmed what Mike said about their Mustang, (when stock, Mike later modified it for racing at Englishtown, NJ), couldn't keep up with it.

Garrett booster

The Orkin Man is interested in my Charger! Nice guy, we shot the breeze (while he shot the bugs) about the car, history of Shelby with Chrysler/etc. Once again, a young guy that didn't realize Shelby was with Chrysler, 'back in the day'!

Garrett booster

The mechanic that's going to swap the adjustable cam gear for the stock one on my DSC, has been working on another '87, (motor's out, 'shipped' over to a rebuild shop). I actually brought my car to him today, to discuss the scheduling of my work, and he was very impressed! (The one he's working on needs, (cosmetically), at least, new paint)! He also didn't realize there are that many fans of these, and said he's had four or five people stop in to ask him if the one he's working on is for sale!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123