1972 Dodge Demon Clone

Date: 17th July 2012
    Username: vntned
    Full Name: Ned Branson
    City, State, Zip: Gibsonville NC 27249
    Contact: 3366755707 (feel free to text) nedders426@yahoo.com
    Selling or Wanted Price: $3000 or trade

Description:

So Ive got an old one for sale. It is a 1976 Dodge Dart Sport that one of the previous owners began cloning into a 1972 Dodge Demon. I picked it up because I thought it was a good deal and because it was a factory manual trans car.

Its a factory 225 slant 6 "three by the knee" car, only options seem to be power steering, a heater and a radio. This is a factory small bolt pattern, 4wheel drum, 7.25 rear end car. There is usually speculation over the small bolt pattern being available after 1974, but they do exist!

So far all Ive really done to the car is convert the interior to black and add rallyes.
    Ive got right under a grand in the wheels and tires. The front two rallyes are 14x5.5 used originals I bought, blasted and repainted using the the Mopar Argent silver wheel paint. The back two are new 15x8 Wheel Vintique rallyes. New chrome lugnuts from the local auto store. New center caps from Wheel Vintiques. I didnt get trim rings because I like how the look without.
    The tires are new BFG Radial T/As, 205/70s in the front and 255/60s in the back. The tires have less than 1000 miles on them and ran just under $600!

My intentions were to stick in a v8, 4spd and decent rear and go beat up on mustangs. I havent gotten that far yet. I did acquire a rebuilt 360 that has around 5000 niles on it. Its a 1970 build date which means its a first year 360(1971). That means thicker, more desirable casting. It was rebuilt with 9.5:1cr Hypereutic pistons, its .040over as well, new gaskets throughout, new double timing chain, Jheads have been redone with stainless valves and new seats to withstand the unleaded fuel, new valve guides, rockers, lifters and pushrods. The cam is believed to be a Comp 268. the intake mani is an Edlebrock Performer with a Holley 650 carb on top. Stock exhaust manifolds are still there. It has a Mopar Performance electronic ignition/dizzy, MSD coil and Accel wires.
    The builder claimed it was a 350hp/400tq motor.

I also acquired a 4spd. Its an A833 out of a 64 Dart GT. It does not have the bell housing, rods or the right tail shaft, but it does still have the Hurst shifter and knob on it.

As far as the car goes, Im currently DDing, and its doing fine. It needs shocks, clutch chatters, and a few other little things. It is completely driveable.

Rust wise it needs a front pass. side floor pan, lower rear quarters and thats pretty much it.

AS far as the interior goes, when I got it, what was there was stock. I scored some black seats off of craigslist that arent anywhere near perfect, but look ok. The rest of the interior bits are either black bits out of a '73 340 Duster parts car or factory pieces that I died. Its needing new black carpet and the tan dash to be blacked to finish it up good. The front door panels are "eh'', but , do the part for now. I wasnt going for a show car, just a cruiser.

Id like to trade for a decent TD. Id prefer, in order, a GLH(Turbo or carbd), Charger 2.2, Shelby Charger, CSX(Thrifty or VNT as well), but am open to offers.

Re: 1972 Dodge Demon Clone

dont suppose you'd be interested in a rust free t1 baron vert + cash? Its auto but has pedals swapped just needs cables run. I could toss in a 555 and a shifter

Ive been dreaming of a 2.4/r154 demon for a few years now, your price is about right and since its a dart sport I wouldnt feel bad about it. lol. Hopefully the NSX is gone by the weekend as planned and then I can decide how serious I am lol

Hybrid booster

I might know someone interested in the 360 motor

If you wanna buy it without the 360 I can do $2500.

Quote Originally Posted by vntned View Post
    If you wanna buy it without the 360 I can do $2500.
    At that price point id be an idiot not to follow up I'll give you a shout when the NSX is gone. (hopefully this week)

why pull the slant, plenty of people turbo charging them.......best front end look other than the 69 darts imo....

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

btw I have a set of factory hood scoops for that 150.00......would might it look proper mopar like!

Hybrid booster

so... $500 for the 360 im guessing? hahaha

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

And slant 6 turbo = awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Khajjathefang View Post
    At that price point id be an idiot not to follow up I'll give you a shout when the NSX is gone. (hopefully this week)
    Let me know if you want to get it as soon as you can. I have a few interesting trade offers on the table but Im not sold yet. Cash still sounds pretty good if Id be keeping the 360.