Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adjusting points in MPTune

turbo addict

adjusting points in MPTune

89 daytona, 2.5 stock intercooler, s60 turbo, walbro 255lph, 3in exh, 40+s and 3 bar.

I am using the newest ver. of turbonator and mptune and It seems like every time I need to burn a new cal there is some big changes so I dam near need to start from scratch, about every year. Anyways i am using the 2.5mtx stock timing cal and go to scaling set it to 3 bar and 52lbs injectors, now does it automatically adjust to these settings since you USE to have to do this THEN still adjust the tables anyways, I just hit the scale and did nothing, anyways the cars fueling is messed up, this is all at stock fp, I did some adjust of my AFPR and got it drivable, its now in the 11s WOT, doesnt seem to pull the greatest but the stock turbo sure was great for the instant power, I was thinking I could change this with the MP timing tables and or adjusting my WG more. At idle its in the 12s to 11s for fuel, thing smokes fumes, IS this directly adjusted by the fuelfrombaselinemap code in MPtune? And at a cruise anything from no throttle to under 1/4 throttle its rich as hell in the 12s then once I get past that 1/4 throttle or maybe just a tad under its right on at 14.7, what is considered 'PART' throttle??? Along with that the traveler MPG is way off no way I'm getting 99mpg.

I want to adjust the baselinefrommap table but how the heck do I select a point IN THE EXACT PLACE IT IS, I hover the mouse over it and click and boom its moved a 1\16 of an inch, I want to select it and move it a little not move it way the hell out of the way, any suggestions on this. For my next question also last night I put in 91 non eth. gas and noticed a times just at cruise or light very light load I would get a CEL, unsure if its for knock but I would assume it is since I never have this problem with it just flipping on, let off the gas then it goes off. Thoughts on this?? Also My gvalve is about as tight as it can go, Would you guys recommend I tighten the wastegate arm so it will allow me to back off on the g valve?
    1989 Daytona AGS CS 2.5TII A555, S60 1986 600es Convertible turbo 1969/8 Barracuda 318, 904 1966 Dart Station Wagon 1996 Dakota 5.2 4wd 1979 Honda CM400T Hard tailed Chopper

turbo addict

Re: adjusting points in MPTune

try scaling for 72's. I had to scale for 52's just running FFV's to get it to idle at stoich but had to richen the graphs up in boost.

turbo addict

why is it so far off, it doesnt make sense, I mean its a predetermined thing It should at least be in the ballpark I would think.
    1989 Daytona AGS CS 2.5TII A555, S60 1986 600es Convertible turbo 1969/8 Barracuda 318, 904 1966 Dart Station Wagon 1996 Dakota 5.2 4wd 1979 Honda CM400T Hard tailed Chopper

turbo addict

I don't know why. It's just what we had to do. I know in the cals that were based off stock I only had to tweak it a bit in my 2.5 daytona with +40's. But the minivan we just did with the new "relocatable" cals I had to scale for 52's to run the FFV's and then richen it way up in boost.

turbo addict

wow I'm having the exact same issue you are with your van, Just scalled it for 72s and at cruise it was perfect at 14.7, but at idle it was 13.7-14s and WOT it was in the mid to high 12s

turbo addict

yea that's about where we were when we scaled for +20's and running the FFV's.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    I am using the newest ver. of turbonator and mptune and It seems like every time I need to burn a new cal there is some big changes so I dam near need to start from scratch, about every year.
    I tend to stick with the old ver. of turbonator and MPTuner v1, because I know they worked for me. I downloaded the MPtune v2 and the newer turbonator once, it gave me errors and that was it for me.

I don't use all the new and special features on turbonator or the MPTuner v2, so I don't see any reason to upgrade and I'm happy with LM v12.5 I'm using for my Omni.

Along with that the traveler MPG is way off no way I'm getting 99mpg.
    FuelMonitorConversionFactor is the table you want to adjust. Rob's cal and MPtuner's scale never worked right for me, while the old Ladybug with Chem2's scale was almost dead on.

My Bin Data is as below

028E for FFV (38lbs or so) injectors
    014B for 83 lbs injectors

Never used +40 injectors, but it'll be somewhere in between. I'd give 01F4 a try. It won't be perfect, but it should be close.

I want to adjust the baselinefrommap table but how the heck do I select a point IN THE EXACT PLACE IT IS, I hover the mouse over it and click and boom its moved a 1\16 of an inch, I want to select it and move it a little not move it way the hell out of the way, any suggestions on this.
    There is an option to enter the hex directly. Double click on the bottom left Bin Data area and it'll ask you if you want to edit the Hex, says yes and edit whatever to your exact liking.

For my next question also last night I put in 91 non eth. gas and noticed a times just at cruise or light very light load I would get a CEL, unsure if its for knock but I would assume it is since I never have this problem with it just flipping on, let off the gas then it goes off. Thoughts on this?? Also My gvalve is about as tight as it can go, Would you guys recommend I tighten the wastegate arm so it will allow me to back off on the g valve?
    My CEL comes on at random time at cruising. You really need a OTC or other scanner so you can monitor knocks and knocks retard on each cylinder. Makes tuning so much easier.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Which templates exactly (ie, what CAL ID number) are you guys using? I've done many 2.2 and 2.5 cals with the latest T/SMEC (including my own) without having this fuel scaling issue. So, it's possible there's an issue in the specific template you're using.

Also, if possible, send me your modified template or bin+mpt (if you're just tuning on the bin file) and I'll check it out.

In the near future, I hope to simplify the whole cal building process.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post

FuelMonitorConversionFactor is the table you want to adjust. Rob's cal and MPtuner's scale never worked right for me, while the old Ladybug with Chem2's scale was almost dead on.
    Yeah, I don't know why that is. It's scaled exactly the same way as in Geoff's cals with CHeM. I may have to fire up CHeM and see what exactly it's doing to that value...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Ok, the FuelMonitorConversionFactor doesn't appear to be scaling correctly. It is scaled up with injectors when it should be going down. I sent a note to wowzer asking the correct method to scale that value. There are 2 other values that use the same scaling method - I have to check them out, too.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

There's an AIS enrichment pulsewidth that is also scaled the same way as the FuelMonitorConversionFactor. Which would probably result in a rich idle, getting worse with bigger injectors. I'll fix that scaling too, as soon as I can discuss with wowzer the right way to do in MP Tune. I think I just need to change the scaling type, but I want to make sure.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    [/COLOR]There's an AIS enrichment pulsewidth that is also scaled the same way as the FuelMonitorConversionFactor. Which would probably result in a rich idle, getting worse with bigger injectors. I'll fix that scaling too, as soon as I can discuss with wowzer the right way to do in MP Tune. I think I just need to change the scaling type, but I want to make sure.
    Rob, thanks for looking into it so quickly.

What is the table name for that "AIS enrichment pulsewidth" table? Thanks.

Rob, thanks for looking into it so quickly.

What is the table name for that "AIS enrichment pulsewidth" table? Thanks.
    POSFUL_AisEnrichmentFuelPulse - in the AIS PumpShot group in the latest v18 cals.

It's being scaled the wrong way. So, if you scaled for +40's, you'll want to scale that table (manually) to 40% of the Y axis (in MP Tune) to put it where it should be.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

OK, wowzer posted an update to MP Tune to reverse the scaling of those values (should auto-update). Looks like it was scaled backwards from CHeM. He's checking to see what he did in MPT1.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

a new version 2.0.3.5 was just posted. this apparently has been messed up since the original mpt1 so i'm incredibly sorry for the grief i've caused some of you. i did many bin compares when i first started with mpt1 but somewhere along the way those 3 tables got flipped in the scaling processing.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Which templates exactly (ie, what CAL ID number) are you guys using? I've done many 2.2 and 2.5 cals with the latest T/SMEC (including my own) without having this fuel scaling issue. So, it's possible there's an issue in the specific template you're using.

Also, if possible, send me your modified template or bin+mpt (if you're just tuning on the bin file) and I'll check it out.

In the near future, I hope to simplify the whole cal building process.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Yeah, I don't know why that is. It's scaled exactly the same way as in Geoff's cals with CHeM. I may have to fire up CHeM and see what exactly it's doing to that value...

Rob you should have a copy of the bin/template/mpt file we're using here on my friends minivan. If you saved your sent emails that is. It's the one you had to fix for me.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    somewhere along the way those 3 tables got flipped in the scaling processing.
    2 tables or 3 tables?

No, thank you for all your hard work!

2 tables or 3 tables?

No, thank you for all your hard work!
    There is anotehr one that's not quite as important. It's the min PW for adaptive cell updates.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

but the new version of MPTune takes care of all the tables right? We have to re-write the cal anyway as he dropped a valve seat and is getting a ported head now.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

the new version will handle all the tables correctly. however, if you already had scaled a cal for injectors prior to this last version, you will have to manually adjust the values. if you are starting from a stock, unscaled, cal you will be ok.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    but the new version of MPTune takes care of all the tables right? We have to re-write the cal anyway as he dropped a valve seat and is getting a ported head now.
    If you're starting from scratch (ie, a fresh base template), then yes MP Tune will now scale it the intended direction.

If you're trying to fix a previously scaled template, you'll need to scale the values manually.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

is the fuelconversionfactor, whatever it is that controls the traveler correct now too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast