Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: half shaft upgrade

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: half shaft upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Watch it again and Listen closely (actually don't even have to listen closely, you can hear it clear as day! lol) He launches in 2nd gear, then shifts back to first (you can hear the crazy instant revs when he does this) then back to 2nd and down the track.

I can't believe you guys still argue and don't know this stuff? I guess you never spoke to him or ran at the track with him? Damn, he was practically giving away All of his secrets untill you guys went and pissed him of by thinking you knew better!
    Not sure how we got him pissed off with his border issues, guess it was us who got him in trouble? Didn't know we where secret border agents!

I've watched it a 100 times, same with the in cab, and with others, still can't see or figure out the 2-1-2 shift thing.

Either way, he still comes out of the hole soft, you can't dispute that.

As for chatting with him, I met him once, if you got to meet him more then bully for you.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I do know that making sure the axles are perfectly aligned durning the launch is one of Stephan's secrets to keeping them alive. In order to accomplish this he made some "agressive" (to our community) modifications, but nothing that should be suprising or out of reach even for the average TM'r.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Not sure how we got him pissed off with his border issues, guess it was us who got him in trouble? Didn't know we where secret border agents!

I've watched it a 100 times, same with the in cab, and with others, still can't see or figure out the 2-1-2 shift thing.

Either way, he still comes out of the hole soft, you can't dispute that.

As for chatting with him, I met him once, if you got to meet him more then bully for you.
    Hey, we can always agree to dissagree, which is what I often end up having to do anyways! lol

But you'll have to define what "coming out of the hole soft" means too You, cause No FWD that cuts 1.3X 60's is coming out of the hole soft!!!! Stephane was one of the hardest hooking FWDs out there, which is why he did so well.

I'm telling you, it only looks/ sounds soft because;

1. He's launching in 2nd gear (low RPM sound)

2. The car traps 180mph, so the begining looks slow/ soft compared to the rest of the run.

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Just trying to help you out, but as long as your humoured at least, no prob!
    Always open for help! Not sure I would go back to stock axles tho... but pretty satisfied with 200+ passes over 7 seasons and never having to think about looking at them

Sure he did! lol
    Years ago, I asked him who he used, he said "Axle Systems, talk to Tony"... then I saw the "Axle Systems" decal on his car... Later I heard he went to DSS.

If you look at any of the axles for our cars, even the DSS L5's they look like stock axles stock except the blue CV boots...

2. The car traps 180mph, so the begining looks slow/ soft compared to the rest of the run.
    Yep, the fast big end makes the leave *look* soft

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

In a random search not even looking for anything axle related.....first post sure doesn't sound stock to me but I'll be honest I know pretty close to nothing about his setup compared to some of you.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f27/371936-stephane-beauregard.html

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Watch this vid, he comes out slowly then BAM. Starts off in 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRLBU...feature=colike
    That sounded like he was just slipping the hell out of the clutch in 2nd then nailed it when the speed matched the RPM... to me at least.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Always open for help! Not sure I would go back to stock axles tho... but pretty satisfied with 200+ passes over 7 seasons and never having to think about looking at them
    I thought you broke a couple of those?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    In a random search not even looking for anything axle related.....first post sure doesn't sound stock to me but I'll be honest I know pretty close to nothing about his setup compared to some of you.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f27/371936-stephane-beauregard.html

No clue what he's doing now, I'm talking 5+ years ago. Strange though, that he's still running the car and yet we don't hear about it?????

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I broke one after over 200 passes and a ton of tire shake on the 26's a few passes right before it broke

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

No clue what he's doing now, I'm talking 5+ years ago. Strange though, that he's still running the car and yet we don't hear about it?????
    This is dated August 4th 2006 It sure looks like a normal 1-2-3 race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4WFm...eature=related

He still races around the CSCS or Canadian Sport Compact Series.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    As long as your happy with them, then cool........I've put well over 200+ passes on stockers as well and the only reason I decided to start inspecting them last fall was to see if I could determine ahead of time when they are going to fail, ie. preventative maintenance. + for the time it takes, I'd be Stupid Not too!

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    This is dated August 4th 2006 It sure looks like a normal 1-2-3 race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4WFm...eature=related

He still races around the CSCS or Canadian Sport Compact Series.
    I can only tell you what he told me himself, so if he was lying to me, then (I'm sure you'll All understand) I'd need to hear different from Stephan!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    That sounded like he was just slipping the hell out of the clutch in 2nd then nailed it when the speed matched the RPM... to me at least.

Mike
    Its an auto, so how do you do that?

Hey, we can always agree to dissagree, which is what I often end up having to do anyways! lol

But you'll have to define what "coming out of the hole soft" means too You, cause No FWD that cuts 1.3X 60's is coming out of the hole soft!!!! Stephane was one of the hardest hooking FWDs out there, which is why he did so well.

I'm telling you, it only looks/ sounds soft because;

1. He's launching in 2nd gear (low RPM sound)

True enough, that's the beauty of this forum.

He might cut 1.3's but look at his car compared to others, they jump out of the hole, him, not so much, I guess it works as he does trap some serious numbers,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

I just got back to the hotel room here in Woodburn, Or. The new un-equal axle is working so far,and no torque steer, but the starting line is a little slick, but as of right now I am #1 qualifier in stock eliminator. -999 under the index at 14.601 at 90.81 mph. My 60' is over a tenth off from mission last weekend. you can see the qualifying at dragracecentral.com look under lodrs 6-4 woodburn, stock qualifying.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Its an auto, so how do you do that?
    That's what I get for ASSuming we were talking about stick cars breaking stuff... That's got to be a pretty high stall converter! Seems like it takes forever to "lock up".

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by T1 woodywagon View Post
    I just got back to the hotel room here in Woodburn, Or. The new un-equal axle is working so far,and no torque steer, but the starting line is a little slick, but as of right now I am #1 qualifier in stock eliminator. -999 under the index at 14.601 at 90.81 mph. My 60' is over a tenth off from mission last weekend. you can see the qualifying at dragracecentral.com look under lodrs 6-4 woodburn, stock qualifying.
    Huge congrates and Go get em bro!!!!!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Keep it up!!!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 woodywagon View Post
    That's great. Nice work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123