Thread: Thanks for all the help at 22!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Thanks for all the help at 22!

I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the Daytona throughout SDAC 22. As many know the Daytona had a wicked intermittent code 54 indicating the HEP signal was not there. With the aid of of SDAC members old and new I was able to get the car back into serviceable condition to return home.

So...

Thanks to Wes for towing the car to SDAC. Thanks to George for giving up his nice AC in the process. Thanks to Joe D. for all the help tracking down the wiring problem(s). Thanks to Jeff C. for the loaner SMEC to confirm that was not the problem. Thanks to 5Digits for helping while I was sick in bed. Thanks to Jon Trotter for helping so much throughout the week. Thanks to all of those I forgot to mention. Finally, thanks to Joy for thinking this was still fun!

turbo addict

Re: Thanks for all the help at 22!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the Daytona throughout SDAC 22. As many know the Daytona had a wicked intermittent code 54 indicating the HEP signal was not there. With the aid of of SDAC members old and new I was able to get the car back into serviceable condition to return home.

So...

Thanks to Wes for towing the car to SDAC. Thanks to George for giving up his nice AC in the process. Thanks to Joe D. for all the help tracking down the wiring problem(s). Thanks to Jeff C. for the loaner SMEC to confirm that was not the problem. Thanks to 5Digits for helping while I was sick in bed. Thanks to Jon Trotter for helping so much throughout the week. Thanks to all of those I forgot to mention. Finally, thanks to Joy for thinking this was still fun!
    The last part is ftw. Thats awesome that everyone helped out. Sucks you were sick the first night tho

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Joy is a trooper, thats for sure!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetona View Post
    The last part is ftw. Thats awesome that everyone helped out. Sucks you were sick the first night tho
    Yeah, sometimes I just get bad sinus headaches which require a good puking followed by 10-12 hours of sleep. It stinks, but it's quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Joy is a trooper, thats for sure!
    Indeed!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I just get bad sinus headaches which require a good puking followed by 10-12 hours of sleep. It stinks, but it's quick.
    Like I said in another thread, I get bad headaches pretty often. Usually back or top of the head. (it has calmed down A LOT) Although, at SDAC Sean can attest they sure as heck didn't take a holiday. The whole awards night I had a massive headache and I just pushed through it and just drank it away...sort of lol. Made it worse at first, then you get to a certain point and its meh. Haha.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Hey Brian, how about you and Joy just fly in and rent something, wouldn"t it be easier than wrenching on your car every year?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Hey Brian, how about you and Joy just fly in and rent something, wouldn"t it be easier than wrenching on your car every year?
    This was really the first year that we had to do much work while at SDAC. At 20 the timing belt broke and we missed the autocross because of it, but that was really just a two hour ordeal. If I have many more problems like this I will be flying in though.