Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Cal 'Pause'...

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Custom Cal 'Pause'...

My original goal with BoostButton was always to support the DIY tuner. I'd like to get back to that, so I'm discontinuing custom cals for the time being. This will allow me time to work on the custom hardware, code and tutorials I've been wanting to do for a while (err, promising?), but haven't been able to get to. Sorry for any inconvenience, but it will work out for the best in the end. Of course, I will continue to support current customers; and all hardware is still available (flashable computers, cables, chips, etc.)
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Custom Cal 'Pause'...

Very cool Rob. I'm looking forward to any new developments.

Mostly just stuff that's been in the works for a while. But, I do want to find time to figure out the EATX flashing...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Rob,
    I am ready to continue tuning the T3 SBECII with you. I have been data logging my current chip and look forward to collaborate with you to make some solid tunes. I know there is interest in a tune for T3's that goes beyond what +40's are capable of.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

does this mean i have to get off my butt too?!!
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Morris,
    You still want my file you asked for a couple of weeks ago, my computer does not recognize that I am using a FTDI cable.

Hybrid booster

Rob, I keep forgetting to email that form to you. I filled it out with my order but for some reason it never went through

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Morris,
    You still want my file you asked for a couple of weeks ago, my computer does not recognize that I am using a FTDI cable.
    The computer doesn't recognize it? Or MP Tune doesn't?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Morris,
    did you make sure you checked the "VCP" box in the ftdi driver setup? you may want to uninstall (and clean from the pc) the ftdi driver, download the one from the ftdichip website, and reinstall (making sure you check the vcp option). when mptune starts it should id the ftdi cable automatically and show it in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

what does it say down in the left hand corner when you start mptune?

boostaholic

I uninstalled the drivers and installed a fresh set of drivers, it does recognize the FTDI cable in both MPTune and MPScan now. If I am using MPScan away from the car, the com port will change to 27 automatically down in the corner. Then if I close the app, plug it back into the car and re-open the app. I still have to go and change the port to the proper one to show the FTDI cable. It does not automatically choose the FTDI port. Running windows XP on a small, low power netbook.

DD - i have a version of mptune that logs the com port stuff when you start the program. pm me your email and i'll send it to you with directions. the next version will have this built in but the release date is a ways out yet.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Mostly just stuff that's been in the works for a while. But, I do want to find time to figure out the EATX flashing...
    Yay! I already have the black V6 auto Daytona prioritized to help with this, got a good later model parts trans already, just have to buy the high-energy rebuild kit. Also, as soon as I get my 2.4 block and T2 rods out of hock at the machine shop, I'll be sending you the SBEC for a flash module. I still have the socketed '85 LM you did for me, and the socketed/switchable GLHS LM, and I have most of the parts to put a Charger together to test those with, just need time to put it together. So I should hopefully be able to help sort out the coding for the GLHS, '84-86 LM, EATX TCM, and the 3.0 SBEC. I also have a 3.0 SMEC on hand if there's any call for that.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic

I sent you an email.

Garrett booster

Rob,
    I am ready to continue tuning the T3 SBECII with you. I have been data logging my current chip and look forward to collaborate with you to make some solid tunes. I know there is interest in a tune for T3's that goes beyond what +40's are capable of.
    Nice.. Then I am not only one.

boostaholic

There are quite a few people that I have been in contact with that want a T3 tune that goes beyond the +40's. I have a list going, my goal is to make a stable tune that will make over 400 at the wheels on Premium, currently using 72lb injectors.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

It really shouldn't be that hard to do, just scale for injector and map, continue the timing and fuel table curves.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic

It is not that hard for some, I don't have many problems tuning myself. But the masses would like to buy some things, install some parts. Download a file and drive. Most people like the ease of the stage tunes available. Not everyone who owns a T3 car understands how to tune or wants to dive deep into it. The T3 tunes that are available right now are for very heavily built engines with lots of port work. It is not that simple yet.

BoostButton.com is down right now due to a server issue (they must have changed some software on the server, my store software is kind of old). It's not intentional that EVERYTHING is off-line. Only custom cals were taken off (temporarily).

Tom is working on the site, hopefully he can fix it. If not, I'll be upgrading to newer software soon, I guess....
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

You have any use for a 5 speed SBECII 3.0 P body ecu? I think I have 2 "damaged" ones. One only lacks the ability to ground the coil, the other has a weird hiccup/cutout only at ~2200 rpms but not above or below.
    I did video datalogging and found that the WOT timing on auto vs 5 speed in SBEC II is the same in real life, and that the timing is a bit more aggressive than the 1989 van stuff.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    You have any use for a 5 speed SBECII 3.0 P body ecu? I think I have 2 "damaged" ones. One only lacks the ability to ground the coil, the other has a weird hiccup/cutout only at ~2200 rpms but not above or below.
    I did video datalogging and found that the WOT timing on auto vs 5 speed in SBEC II is the same in real life, and that the timing is a bit more aggressive than the 1989 van stuff.
    I don't really have much use for a 3.0 ECU. But, I could probably use it for flash experiments. There is a risk of bricking it. The Toshiba chips are not very, ahem, fault tolerant when it comes to erasing and reflashing.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast