Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle 2012 Check-In

boostaholic

Re: Carlisle 2012 Check-In

Im heading out Saturday with my Ram.If anyone needs a ride out from Pittsburgh,let me know.Have room for 2.Leaving at 4am.or if you need something big brought back to Pittsburgh.8ft bed,Itll be empty.
    Last edited by Sgt Craig; 07-04-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: addition

turbo addict

WOoHOo!

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Almost clean!

boostaholic
    What's the best time to get there?
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Big_P View Post
    What's the best time to get there?
    I dunno im leaving at 4am Sat to get there around 730 or so.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Headed to the area in a few.. not sure if I'll be able to make the actual show or not, but we'll see.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Mitsu booster

I'll be there Saturday with the 84 Charger 2.2 clone. It's gonna be hot!!!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Clay01 View Post
    I'll be there Saturday with the 84 Charger 2.2 clone. It's gonna be hot!!!
    Was yours the black and silver one?
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

turbo addict
    Hopefully everybody survived the heat. Friday was by far the most miserable, hot day. Unlike any Carlisle weekend I've ever experienced.

it was pretty hot saturday too, good thing i was able to hang with Mr. Overkill in his tent out of the sun for a while. it was a small showing i felt, but some very nice cars.

Great seeing everyone again... this year's event was real nice except for the heat!

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

I agree Billy! Fantastic show save for the heat. Good to see you all again and for those missed, see you next year!
    Steve Menegon
    1989 T2 GTC (Sledgehammer)
    11.872@120.21
    1987 Shelby Lancer #574 - 13.79@104.65
    2005 SRT4 ACR (Mamba) 12.612@110.96 (Now Junk)
    2016 200S (The Silver Billet) 14.70@92.7

boostaholic

Big thanks to Denny for having us over Saturday after the show.Wish myself and Chris could have stayed longer.Food was great.Ill plan better next year

Hybrid booster

BY FAR the hottest its ever been

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    BY FAR the hottest its ever been
    I thought it was worse on Friday than Saturday because at least Sat there was somewhat of a breeze. Still had a good time, just couldn't walk around as much due to the heat, had to take breaks and hydrate often!

I thought the turnout for our cars was excellent this year. While the R/T class was a little down on attendance compared to past years (there were less IROC R/Ts than usual), the other classes (FWD 78-89, FWD 90-95, Shelby) were up in numbers, which was good to see.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Sorry for all the people I missed. We didn't cover the whole swap meet area or the showfield. It was just too darn hot. Glad to have seen everybody I did see tho. Hope to be there next year as well.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

I thought the attendance was down also but as I was leaving I saw the other 2 or 3 FWD classes along the fence. Including all of those I thought it was a good year for us even though the Shelby and R/T classes were down a bit. Sorry if I missed anyone, I was totally wore out by the time I got to the show field and tried to talk to everyone I saw.

turbo addict

I'm with you, Scott. Friday was definitely the worst. Saturday was bad, but atleast had a breeze going. One of my vendor neighbors showed me a thermometer reading 112* at some point on Friday.

Sorry to the SV gang and all others who attended UNK D's bash - We finally got smart and paid for a hotel room that final night because our bubble camper with no A/C just wasn't cutting it anymore. After getting finished packing up most of my parts, and then going to the hotel and showering, I literally passed out. Being in that heat from Wednesday at 4:00 straight through until Saturday evening just did me in. So it was kinda my fault that us Steel City Outlaws weren't there at the bash :-/

Next year though, I'm taking a break from vending and bringing my Charger back out! Hopefully, I'll be towing it out behind the Shelby Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Sorry for all the people I missed. We didn't cover the whole swap meet area or the showfield. It was just too darn hot. Glad to have seen everybody I did see tho. Hope to be there next year as well.
    One of my favorite parts of the entire weekend was seeing your brother's reaction to my question as to why wasn't there an Obama bumper sticker on his car. He kinda looked like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bulging+eyes.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	40475

Hybrid booster

It was good meeting some of you (;

boostaholic

I had a great time. I didn't swing in by the SDAC tent but I don't know most of you guys.

I was the one screwing around on the red moped with my girlfriend if anyone saw me. Bought it from one of the used parts guys
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast