Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle 2012 Check-In

turbo addict
    Krut - not sure where the FWD classes will be parked this year. Last year we were over near the car wash area by the hill.

boostaholic

Re: Carlisle 2012 Check-In

I'll be there, taking the lady. We're staying at a Best Western a few minutes away. I'll be parked in the section with the rest of the old Konvertibles

I'm excited for the swap meet though! I need some parts!
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

boostaholic

Will be there for sure Saturday, hopefully with the GLH, I haven't made a major show this year with the car and now I have to put a new motor in. Friday night racing is out for sure.

boostaholic

Is there going to be a T-M tent? Are we gonna do nametags? I used to go with Allpar, but I haven't been there in years so I'd rather chill with you dudes.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Mitsu booster

i'll be there all weekend with the blue r/t

Hybrid booster

Where do you guys camp? It looks like I'll be there Friday Saturday and Sunday, since I'm driving myself. Just not bringing my project. I was thinking of staying in a room because of last years downpours.

Hybrid booster

I'll be there on SAT. YAY!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shelbyconcepts's Avatar

Hey guys,

Carlisle is shaping up to be an awesome event this year and MCG will host the first ever Mopar Hall of Fame at the show. We will have an incredible night with some people who are leaders of the Mopar world.

These are the first inductee’s to the Hall of fame: The Ramchargers and the Sox & Martin Racing team, Dick Landy, Larry Rathgeb, Otto Rosenbusch, Ray Nichels, and Cotton Owens.The Ramchargers- Al Adams, Mike Buckel, Tom Coddington, Barns Danials, Tom Hoover, Herb McCandless, Pete McNicholl, Dave Rockwell, Dick Skoglund, and John Wehrly will be on hand to talk about: funny cars, developing the Hemi and more

The Sox & Martin race team thrilled hundreds of thousands of drag racing fans for more than 40 years

Dick Landy was one of drag racing's first factory-sponsored drivers and one of the all-time greats of Super Stock and Pro Stock.

Larry Rathgeb was instrumental in the legacy of Chrysler's NASCAR domination in the late 60s and early 70s.

Otto Rosenbusch was an Executive in Chrysler's Special Events Public Relations department and gathered important artifacts from the company's early days forming the nucleus of the Chrysler Historical Archives

Cotton Owens delivered Dodge's biggest NASCAR win in their history and his cars took wins in 32 national events. (Mr. Owens just passed away since we began planning this event but we expect his family to be on hand to talk about his life.

Herb McCandless, "Mr. Four-Speed" himself, will act as our emcee so it's guaranteed to be an entertaining evening.

This is so cool! History in the making! Being at the first Mopar Hall of Fame will be something to talk about for years! I can't wait!

If you guys want to attend, please contact Shirley at 440-865-2343
    Seating will be limited to 300 so time is of the essence to buy your tickets: $99 for one or $150 for a couple. A table for eight is only $499 if you are a legitimate car club or business.
    Update:As a special perk to you guys! Please tell her that you are from Turbo-Mopar and Tim said you want the discount rate!
    Hope to see you guys there!
    Thanks,
    Tim Costello
    Mopar Collector’s Guide Magazine

Hybrid booster

Gonna be there Saturday only.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

I'll be there Fri-Sat and probably Sunday morning before we head back home. We are going to use the rooms David S. can't use and bring some SDAC info along for Denny's tent.

This will be my first Carlisle, looking forward to it.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

The T-jerk will be there Thursday afternoon till late Sunday... Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Don't forget about the Carlisle "kick-off" car show Thursday evening at CVM motors... Always kewl cars there...

turbo addict

Uncle D! Hit me up this week if you get a chance... I'm off all week and I'll even answer my phone too... LoL!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    I'll be there Fri-Sat and probably Sunday morning before we head back home. We are going to use the rooms David S. can't use and bring some SDAC info along for Denny's tent.

You won't be disappointed!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I am thinking about coming up Thurs for the kickoff show. Will be there fri and sat w my GLHS. May bring my RT on sat too.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_P View Post
    Is there going to be a T-M tent? Are we gonna do nametags? I used to go with Allpar, but I haven't been there in years so I'd rather chill with you dudes.
    Pete, the SV gang will be at the show field during the day and we will be using vendor space I-98 for SDAC promotion. Chris, Johnny and David (TU, Polybushings and Positive Impressions) will not be here this year so we are using one of their spaces. The clutch vendor will still be there as before. The SV gang will still have the saturday night picnic as before, just across from gate 3 (a little bit north) at the old gas station lot. Look for our campers in the rear of the lot.
    Denny
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

boostaholic

yea, you won't be dissapointed, save some trunk space, probably the largest mopar swap meet in the country. Alot of people don't know or neglect the Friday night drag races at
    Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way, it's a vintage 1/8th mile track and it's their largest event of the year.
    http://quarteracesdragway.com/QA_Schedule.html
    about 9 miles from the fairgrounds
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Cl...p=0&sz=17&z=13

turbo addict

Wish I was racing again this year but the Whorizon is broke...

boostaholic

^Whorizon, love it. I won't be racing either, my new engine will be fired up Friday and I'm driving it straight to Carlisle.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by neongary View Post
    Hopefully they still have that ride and drive or whatever it's called. I want to check out the new Dart.
    I hope to drive the Dart also but I am sure it will be a fan favorite.

That's great you guys are finally making it out! I will be there for Saturday only.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by fishcleaner View Post
    ^Whorizon, love it. I won't be racing either, my new engine will be fired up Friday and I'm driving it straight to Carlisle.
    Awsome! When are you leaving? Maybe I'll see you on the road!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by neongary View Post
    Hopefully they still have that ride and drive or whatever it's called. I want to check out the new Dart.
    Hopefully, if you havnt made up you mind yet driving it will absolutely make up your mind. After driving it I immediately wanted it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast