Thread: Power window problem

Power window problem

OK, so I'm not being stranded, but I guess I kind of am stranded. This is also not on my CSX, but on my 04 Stratus RT sedan. I've had an intermittant problem with the passenger side power windows. Sometimes they work and other times they don't. The drivers side work fine. Tonight I put the front windows down and now the passenger side will not go up. I also noticed the rear doesn't work at all. The front was giving me a problem where it would sometimes work from the drivers master switch and sometimes it would only work from it's own switch. Now I'm stuck with a window that's down all the time. I guess that leaves me stranded because I don't really want to leave my car anywhere with the window down. Too many sticky fingers about. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. There is only one fuse and it is good. My CSX has a blkown engine so I'm without a car now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully there is a Mopar tech who has seen this problem and knows a fix. I searched the web and all I found was a lot of other people asking about the same or a similiar problem with their windows.
    Thanks in advance,
    Frank

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Power window problem

It sounds to me like it's an electrical issue. Have you tested for power at the motor when actuating the switch yet? If you ran jumper wires to the motor you could at least get it back up.

Garrett booster

I used to have another car in which I would have to slam the door to 'wake up' the electric window.

I'm headed out to take the door panel off now and try to jump it back up. It went down with no problem but I only had it most of the way down. It wouldn't go back up but it did go the rest of the way down. I was thinking it was the switch, but why would both the door switch and master switch go at the same time. I'm thinking there is a bad wire(s) somewhere.

I took all the doors apart and cleaned al contacts and used dielectric grease on them. The one that was stuck down worked when I turned the door panel upside down to get at the wires. Nothing was loose and nothing looked corroded. I now have 3 working windows from the master switch and their own switches. The passenger side rear doesn't work at all. I have to get a new meter to check it. Mine was giving me all kinds of weird readings. I put it on my battery to measure the voltage and it saif 12.3 volts. As I watched the voltage just kept rising. It was up to 24.7 when I laughed and threw it away. No, the car wasn't running, so the alternator is not out of control. LOL! At least I can use the car now.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Glad to hear you have a usable car at this point. If you're scratching your head when you get the new meter just post up.

Will do, thanks. Been a busy week so far and looking busier as it goes along. I'm looking at the weekend before I can get out to get a new meter.