Thread: A/C Compressor question

Mitsu booster

A/C Compressor question

I pulled the air conditioning lines out of the front clip from a 89 plymouth sundance and hooked it all up finally got all the bugs worked out and put the systen into my 94 shadow i had to change the bracket that the compressor mounts to and that was about it. The question is on my car the 94 shadow i have a high pressure sensor pig tail that hooked up to the compressor that i took out for the swap, do i need to hook up like a paper clip or a diode to the clip to have the car's electrical system think that everything is normal or should i have to do something else?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: A/C Compressor question

I would tie the 2 wires together, paper clip could fall out.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster

Re: A/C Compressor question

Haha well when my father and I were putting some coolant in the lines the clutch didn't engage probly because the car didn't get any stimulation from the fictional high pressure switch (that wasn't there because the system was r12 and adapted to r134) so I tool the relay off and jumped the power wire to engage the clutch and as soon as i did that the hose blew a hole and started spewing frion ( not sure if i spelled that right) every where. So i went down to the local hose repair shop and he is going to put a splice into the metal part of the line and weld a high pressure switch into the line so it'll have it again. Thx for the help i emensely appriciate it you will get a lot more questions from me when i start to put the turbo motor from that sundance i talked about in the start of this thread