Thread: Selling fully modded 91 Shadow ES.

Selling fully modded 91 Shadow ES.

Date: 02nd June 2012
    Username: shadowdude
    Full Name:Gary Milner
    City, State, Zip: NB Canada
    Selling or Wanted Price: (2500 CDN)

Description: Selling my 1991 Dodge Shadow ES. The enforcer II turbo has gone again for 2nd time .It for some reason or another it is taking out the seals and it is getting strong oil pressure 35 at 3000rpms 12 at 1000rpm and i always let it cool down before shutting it off. It has developed a strange rattle and we have looked for the cause but could not find. It is NOT not valve train,or rods or any thing as i have looked top to bottom and cant find why it does it. It stops making the rattle when the car is at idle and you can make it vary its sound just by adding or taking vacuum from the pvc system, valve is out of the system not using it so it is not that. Sounds like a paint can rattle if that makes sense. Other then that it still pulls really hard and runs A1.Still runs now just smoking when you rev it up so i know the turbo is on its way out and i am tired of fixing. I have tons of FWD performance , Forward motion and Turbo unleash stuff on this car.Spent a good 14 grand on stuff. Reason for selling is i have no interest in fixing it as i have had more then enough of turning wrenches. Spent tens years of my life on this car, no more. It may be something simple or hard but it will have to be trouble shooted. Car runs smooth as silk but is starting to smoke from the turbo.i can move the shaft a little so i know it is on its way out. I have so many new parts on this car it is a gold mine for any TD person . All of which have less then 5000kms on them. Go to my car domain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/677471/1991-dodge-shadow for all the stuff it has plus pictures and a video.Yes the car is still the exact same as in the pictures with the larger intercooler install . I added a link to my TD garage with pictures of it there as well. Email me at master2g@rogers.com if interested. I cant get my pics posted but i assure you i can send video pictures or what ever you want via email. If some one wants to let me email them photos i can but for now i am trying to post but cant.Like i say it is no problem to send you what ever you want in information if interested. here is a list of parts used on the car as it is now

Walbro 255 pump
    acufab adjustable fuel regulator
    super 60 plus 40 injectors
    new lifters
    mildly ported 782 head with 3angle valves
    port matched one piece intake
    Forward motion ported exhaust manifold
    JE Forged Aluminum 8:1 Pistons with speed pr chrome moly rings file fitted
    89 common block bored 40 over
    turbo II rods with ARP rod bolts
    ARP main studs
    Turbos unleashed baffle oil pan with trap doors
    2.5 inch mandrel bent intercooler piping with t clamps ( not cheap these one)
    large custom intercooler with 3 inch in and out
    heavy duty transmission cooler ( digital temp gauge in car as well, never saw over 87 degrees ) so cooler works real well
    Forward motion fully build A413 with everything
    TCI made 3000 stall torque convertor
    FWD performance stage five calibration for 2.5l 1991
    Brand new 3 day old AEM wide band
    complete from turbo to tail pipe 3 inch mandrel bent stainless exhuast system
    solid mounts all 3
    brand new Devils own progressive injection kit with the control box.
    2 boost gauges, one in car is aem dial gauge and have spare digital gauge as well with memory recall.
    2 new head light boxes as old were hazy
    four brand new 205/45R16 rikken raptor tires with less then 500kms on them
    aftermarket 16 inch rims
    EGT Gauge by VDO in it as well.
    all brakes were dont not to long ago as well, pads shoes drums and rotors
    Has ebach 1 inch lowering springs as well.

some more but pretty much covers most of it.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ga...vehicle&id=262

Last edited by shadowdude; 05-26-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: closed

turbo addict

Re: Selling fully modded 91 Shadow ES.

Has it had body and paint work done?

in 2004 a guy clipped my front end but the uni frame was never bent ,they replaced the bumper and fixed the hood thats all. has a floor patch back in 2002 as well and it is all good under there as i never drove it in harsh weather . I had it inspected and register as of 4 days ago for the year.She passed. the body has 182 000 never winter driven and the whole drive train has been done with only 5000 kms on it. Motor transmission all brakes front and back , solid car my friend. not brand new perfect but great shape non the less.I had it buffed a few times since if you get right up close yea your gonna see some spots here and there for normal road drivng but it is nice over all.

Like i say guys do not be afraid to ask for even the smallest detail, nothing to hide with the car , it has to be trouble shooted yes but it has had a pamper life and nothing but the best of stuff put on it so i am sure some here could have it going perfect in no time.It still runs fine ,idles fine just rev it up and the turbo smoke for a second then clears up and the rattle only happens when you coming to a stop off the gas and then when stopped it clears up. Shut the car off let it sit for ten minute start it and not a rattle to be found, go for a drive step on it and the ratlle comes back. repaet as said and this is how it goes. Weird simple little gremlin if you ask me but I am 40 now not over the hill but old enough to have had enough lol. Being a tech as well doesn't leave you wanting to turn wrenches when you get home. Car is a gold mine of usable new performance parts for more then just a shadow as we all know these could go into another car for a fraction of the price to get each part new separate.

just in case some are hesitant on the rattle issue i want to be clear that it is not a constant rattle. I do believe i posted here once before on it.It subsided for bit and now its back.Start the first thing and you hear nothing motor is solid and idles great.Rev it up still no rattle.Take it for a run warm it up still no rattle.WOT it and come to a stop and you can hear the rattle just before you stop then it subsides and goes away until you go again come to a stop and it only does it then. So with that being said it isn,t a piston deal or bad vlave train as the pistons are je forge aluminum 8;1 pistons and lifters are new. Just wanted to clear that up.

turbo addict

Beautiful car! If you were closer i would be trying to sell stuff to get this, Good Luck with the sale

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

It's pretty! Good luck on the sell!

Thanks guys, my location sure doesn't help your right. Sadly though if i cant sell in decent time i will end up sending it to retire my ride program or some thing as i just am not going to keep it. I would part it out but i don't even want to get in there and turn wrenches to take stuff off. Some one save this car from a horrible death lol....

BTW i am throwing in with the car a OTC Enhanced scan tool , mac tools version with case , cables and cartridges as well. it work great and is very rare to find this red one by mac tools. Here is a link to one just like mine.I cant post pics so i found this site just to show you guys what it looks like.IT IS NOT mine just using this link to show a pic as i cant post one of mine which is identical in every detail.

http://www.primetimeperformance.com/...p?prod=OTC1011

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Such a gorgeous car..... why do you have to be so far away?! Boo!!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

SOLD ! Going to a good home in North Carolina. Owner has lots of TD experiance so it is gonna have a good life. Thanks for the replies .

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Sorry to hear, but glad its not getting crushed,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster

Glad to be getting back in the TD game. I'm actually in South Carolina but same difference. lol. We'll take good care of her shadowdude

Oops..South Carolina.. my bad, yea i will miss it some turbovanman but honestly i just didn't have it in me any more to wrench on the car after 12 years. He is starting fresh and should have it running strong in no time. that car has a lot of history and "kill" stories, so time for a new chapter with a true TD guy.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redirocrt92 View Post
    Glad to be getting back in the TD game. I'm actually in South Carolina but same difference. lol. We'll take good care of her shadowdude
    Where at in South Carolina? Me and several other guys are in the Upstate area.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Where at in South Carolina? Me and several other guys are in the Upstate area.
    I'm right down 26 just before Columbia. What's the car scene like up there? Columbia's kinda spent so I been going to Charleston for the past few weeks.

It not too bad up here, there is a decent group in Spartanburg I've been hanging out with. They have respect for our cars too. Greenville has a pretty big scene too from what I hear, but more late-models and a lot more money involved Last time I rode out there the first guy I talked to wanted to run me for $100 in his '03-04 Cobra lol. Spartanburg is a lot more laid back, and there's plenty of fun runs. Went to the mountains with a group last Friday night/Sat morning.

Sending you a PM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    It not too bad up here, there is a decent group in Spartanburg I've been hanging out with. They have respect for our cars too. Greenville has a pretty big scene too from what I hear, but more late-models and a lot more money involved Last time I rode out there the first guy I talked to wanted to run me for $100 in his '03-04 Cobra lol. Spartanburg is a lot more laid back, and there's plenty of fun runs. Went to the mountains with a group last Friday night/Sat morning.

Sending you a PM.
    Sounds great, I just run for fun too. I had a guy in a GN wanting to run for a grand a few weeks ago but too much drama ensues in money races. I'd like to get a shot at that Cobra though.

I spun the snout pulley off last weekend so my car is going to be down for a week or two but I'll head that way as soon as it gets going again or the Shadow arrives.

Sounds good, look forward to it!
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC