Thread: mini auto prob

Hybrid booster

mini auto prob

i got my turbo mini the other day . did a tune up and it runs like a champ .but there is a small prob with the shifter . it dont same like it does in park and the gears all the way . like when u put it into park u have to push kinda hard and it will go . now i put it in first gear and mashed it to the floor and it went all the way into neutral. anyone know what this could be ? if it was a 5 speed i wouldnt be asking this . i never messed with the auto 413 before . i hope its not a bad tranny .

thanks
    billy

Re: mini auto prob

Low on fluid? Check it when warm, on level ground, idling in park. Have fun checking a super runny fluid that won't stay still on the dipstick while you check it.. hehe..

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

The shifter cable should be adjustable, I will look at mine tomorrow and let you know.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

i took the the vb out today to change the fluid an do a couple mods . the kick down shaft im guessing was rusted to the outside shaft . so while it is out i sprayed it down with alot of pb blaster and worked it free . i hope that fixes it . the fluid was nasty and burnt . all thats getting changed tomarrow . i had the same prob with my wifes 99 neon with the 3 speed auto .

billy

Did you adjust the bands?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

How do you adjust the bands? I've never done that.
    err, I have the service book for these trannies, I should just look it up I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Una
    How do you adjust the bands? I've never done that.
    err, I have the service book for these trannies, I should just look it up I guess..
    There is the kickdown band adjustment, the adjustment screw is outside the case-by the kickdown cable bracket, Kedavis told me to adjust it this way and it works perfectly, loosen the 18mm locknut all the way up, use a long extension and a 8mm socket, tighten the screw in hand tight then back off 1.5 turns.
    The low/reverse is inside the case, next to the vavle body, drivers side. You tighten it to 42 in/lbs then back off 3.5 turns.

Interesting.. Thanks for the tips.. I just swapped the original TBI tranny back into my Horizon. The darn tranny I had in there still didn't like reverse or 3rd when it was cold. The new tranny is a little sluggish on the takeoff now, but everything else is great. And the RPM's are much lower on the freeway. Gotta hookup the lockup torque converter solenoid. My '91 SBEC will happily use that feature.

Hybrid booster

no i havent adjusted the bands yet but ill do that next . i want this thing to hold 14 psi with a t2 all the time . i never really read up on the autos ,ive always had 5 speeds . this is a whole new monster .lol

billy