Thread: Shelby Charger/GLHS seats in a 1987 CSX?

Garrett booster

Shelby Charger/GLHS seats in a 1987 CSX?

A friend of mine gave me a set of Shelby Charger (or GLHS?) seats that are in much better shape than my trashed stock seats in my CSX. These were in his 1985 GLH when he bought it.

Has anyone ever put a set of these in a P-Body? Is it even possible?

Also, on the driver's side seat, the tilt mechanism is broken. He gave me a spare GLH seat that has a working mechanism to swap out. Has anyone ever done this?

Re: Shelby Charger/GLHS seats in a 1987 CSX?

Seats are specific to the 2 door L-bodies Shelbys, not just the GLHS (for reference). Not sure if you'd have to make a bracket to get them to work, but the rails on the bottom just unbolt, so it wouldn't take too much to try and swap them, although I don't know for sure if the P-body seats are built the same. I imagine they are built similarly.

As far as the seat being broken, I'd look more into that. When I got my GLHS, the seat wouldn't recline correctly and had one setting. Turns out that the mechanism wasn't secured properly with the hardware. Had to finagle a 10mm socket and box end in place to hold things while I tightened it up, but that fixed the issue. Regardless, disassembling the seats is not difficult, just time consuming.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

I already pulled the rails off my stock seats, so the next step is trying to bolt them directly to the Shelby seats. It does look like they are a simple bolt-on affair. It appears that they will bolt on, but with the naked eye, the width of the distance between the tracks looks narrower than the stock seats. I'll have to measure them to make sure.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the mechanism yet, but I have that extra seat, so I hope that I can make it work.

Yeah, simple measurements side to side and front to rear will tell you, but I can see that working....or not. Who knows. Chrysler did SOOO many odd ball things with these cars when they should have standardized more, but oh well. I'll just give Ken Soroka grief for that when I see him in a month.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'll add that while the actual seats in the pic came in the SCs, the seats from any L body will bolt in. The seat tracks on the 2 door Ls are about 2" shorter in height than the 4 door cars, but the seats bolt down the same.