Thread: Aux shaft bearings? need help

Aux shaft bearings? need help

Hello everyone! I was just wondering what the best way to install these Auxiliary Shaft bearings would be? Any suggestions?

2.5 t2 engine thanks

turbo addict
    I made up a tool by walking around tractor supply for a while trying anything round in the new bearings. I found a bronze bushing that fit the little one, then a PVC pipe fitting that fits the big one. I then use a piece of allthread and washers to pull them in.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

Re: Aux shaft bearings? need help

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I made up a tool by walking around tractor supply for a while trying anything round in the new bearings. I found a bronze bushing that fit the little one, then a PVC pipe fitting that fits the big one. I then use a piece of allthread and washers to pull them in.
    I like that hehe

turbo addict

Ill get a picture here in a bit
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Thanks, Id be interested to see what it looks like.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I recently put together a tool that works really well for installing/removing both bearings. It consists of 3/8" threaded rod, nuts, different sizes of 3/8" washers, and sockets to act as the drivers. Works really well. I've been meaning to post some pictures of it but have had my hands full with other stuff lately.

turbo addict

The bronze bushing is a 3/4×5/8 this fits very well in the small bushing.

The plastic is a 1 1/4×3/4 PVC pipe reducer, fits in the big bushing perfect. It was soft enough to deform against the block creating the correct setback. The washers just back up the plastic and bronze at different steps to prevent the bearings from going too deep.

The metal in the plastic piece was just temporary. All I needed was a section of 3/4in PVC pipe and a second bronze bushing to finish it off.

I just took the bearings to my local machine shop and payed him 20 bucks to press them in. the bearings are worth more lol