Thread: p body knuckles on l body, need abs sensing

p body knuckles on l body, need abs sensing

Looking to install pieces needed so I have four corner abs sensors, whats the best option for l body? I already have the rear figured out, just not the front, would 93 p body knuckles bolt okay up front if not whats a better option? Thanks in advance.

Re: p body knuckles on l body, need abs sensing

Anyone....

turbo addict

well i wouldnt say "bolt up", what struts are you running? i personally would say 91 and up le baron spindles, more of a chance in having abs i think, plus you would also get the advantage of the balljoint being mounted an inch lower. but you would either have to modify part of the spindle for camber adjustment and width to fit l-body struts, or run le baron struts. also, depending on what year, im not sure what the ball joint "stud" (?) size is, like later years had a bigger one? so you might have to get the correct size ball joint too...

Running KONIS..hmmm...well that sucks. Was hoping for more or less bolt on..but then dont we all. Thanks so far tho..!

turbo addict

thats kind of what i was worried about, and why that was my first question. so the biggest problem is that any other vehicle other than an l-body will use a different way of adjusting camber. so if you are stuck on using your l-body koni's, then you will HAVE to modify your ABS spindles you decide to use. i believe they need to be shaved skinnier, so that spindle can physically fit in between the tabs of the l-body strut. then (im not 100% sure) you'll need to press an insert into the new spindle and re-drill the hole (because i think the the new spindle is oval or something like that), or somehow modify your struts by ovaling the lower hole i think? even then im not sure if you can get enough camber.

i havent done enough research or parts comparison on this because i planned on running the baron spindles and struts, good luck though...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    thats kind of what i was worried about, and why that was my first question. so the biggest problem is that any other vehicle other than an l-body will use a different way of adjusting camber. so if you are stuck on using your l-body koni's, then you will HAVE to modify your ABS spindles you decide to use. i believe they need to be shaved skinnier, so that spindle can physically fit in between the tabs of the l-body strut. then (im not 100% sure) you'll need to press an insert into the new spindle and re-drill the hole (because i think the the new spindle is oval or something like that), or somehow modify your struts by ovaling the lower hole i think? even then im not sure if you can get enough camber.

i havent done enough research or parts comparison on this because i planned on running the baron spindles and struts, good luck though...
    I'm running 89 daytona spindles that I milled the width of the spindle so it fits in the strut elongated the holes on the struts and put bushings in the spindle to use the stock camber bolts. Look up my build thread for some pics if needed. I'm unsure how different the spindles use are looking to use are. I honestly dislike abs. Has hurt me more then it has helped.

turbo addict

What about SRT/PT knuckles? I know that mod has been done already.

Def worth a look, good to see some options coming out...very much appreciated!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    well i wouldnt say "bolt up", what struts are you running? i personally would say 91 and up le baron spindles, more of a chance in having abs i think, plus you would also get the advantage of the balljoint being mounted an inch lower. but you would either have to modify part of the spindle for camber adjustment and width to fit l-body struts, or run le baron struts. also, depending on what year, im not sure what the ball joint "stud" (?) size is, like later years had a bigger one? so you might have to get the correct size ball joint too...
    True on more likely to find a J body w/ABS but the actual knuckle assembly is the same for all 91+ P, A, G & J body. Even the mounting 'tab' for the sensor is already there on the non abs cars, they just didnt finish machining them to accept the sensor.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Well Im looking at race TCS perhaps next year or later this year, so I need the sensors. I know ppl have used bolt heads or whatever, but I like the factory mounted system, its brutally tough.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    Well Im looking at race TCS perhaps next year or later this year, so I need the sensors. I know ppl have used bolt heads or whatever, but I like the factory mounted system, its brutally tough.
    Very interesting. How are planning on controlling the throttlebody?

turbo addict

Why do you need traction control?

This thread isnt a head dive into some long drawn out discourse concerning why I need it. This is the direction Im taking...well depending on cash flow .

turbo addict

This thread isnt a head dive into some long drawn out discourse concerning why I need it. This is the direction Im taking...well depending on cash flow .
    Is it for drag race or road racing or what?

Its a street bruiser...little illegal stuff(or so says the govment).....better wet traction yada yada yada...the list goes on. Figured Ive got thousands tied up into it whats a few more.

turbo addict

Ok. Guess that makes some sense then. I could see it on the road course as well but in the dry not so much