Thread: Rear Disc Brakes, 1 set painted, 1 set not, Ground Control Camber Plates

Rear Disc Brakes, 1 set painted, 1 set not, Ground Control Camber Plates

Date: 02nd May 2012
    Username: minigts
    Full Name: Jon Trotter
    City, State, Zip: Memphis, TN
    Price: Prices are listed below.

Description: Set of rear disc brakes. One set off a Spirit, the other set I cannot confirm what they were off of, Ground Control camber plates, 3" Pypes exhaust tip, hockey style.

Spirit Rear Disk Brakes Price: $80 shippedSOLD

• Spirit set comes with the following:
    • Hubs/Bearings
    • Calipers
    • Dust Shields
    • Brake backings
    • Mounting Bolts
    • All drum brake components (minus ONE of the threaded spreaders)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear_brakes (1).jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	330.8 KB 
ID:	39390 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear_brakes (2).jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	39391

Rear Disk Brakes Price: $125 shipped (FIRM)

• Other set comes with the following:
    • Hubs/Bearings
    • Calipers
    • Brake backings
    • All drum brake components
    • E-brake cables (both sides)
    • Banjo fitted lines (short ones)
    • Rotors (vented)
    • Master Cylinder

These have been powder coated silver on the brake brackets and rotors and a blue'ish color for the calipers. I won't get into how much I paid for the custom "blue" color to match my car, but obviously it wasn't worth it! heh This was done a few years ago, but I never put them on the car. The calipers were rebuilt with new seals and guide pin sleeves. Adding the master cylinder in this lot.

Name:	painted_brakes (6).jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	39389 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted_brakes (5).jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	39388 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted_brakes (4).jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	39387 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted_brakes (3).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	39386

Name:	painted_brakes (2).jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	39385 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted_brakes (1).jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	39384

For anything above, please ask questions or for more pictures.

Camber Plates Price: $150 shipped SOLD

These are the Ground Control camber/caster plates that were on my blue car, but after the wreck I pulled them off. These were NOT damaged in the wreck, btw. Currently running Rich's plates on my GLHS and would HIGHLY recommend his, but as I need to get rid of these, these are good too! I am missing one of the plates that goes on the bottom of the strut tower. I'll try to find it, but it would be pretty easy to get these remade. And I would personally recommend getting the under plates re-cut just a tad thicker than these, which are probably like 3/16" thick. For the l bodies, you will need to modify the strut tower top to remove the raised lip on those models. And I believe I had to remove some of the metal where the strut comes through, but I removed a lot more than necessary. But they were very easy to install once the tower was trimmed up.

I have NO idea if these will work for other cars, but I know you can put these on an L-body. These would also require that you run coil overs of some sort, i.e., the do not use the stock strut tower mount/bushing. This kit comes with the coil over spring hats that sit against adjusting plate. I can help with configuring this if you have questions, assuming you get them. And I have run stock struts, coil over sleeves on the stock struts with these plates.

Name:	camber_plates (1).jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	338.5 KB 
ID:	39382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camber_plates (2).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	366.2 KB 
ID:	39383

3" Pypes stainless steel exhaust tip $40 shipped

Got a set of these and had to pay right at $100 shipped for the two. This one is new, has a small dent on the oval outlet. This can be delivered to SDAC. This would be good for anyone running a 3" exhaust dump out the side of the car. That's what I have and it will work out perfectly, placing the outlet right at the rear of the side ground effects under the door. I'll post pics of the other installed once I get it in. This is for ONE tip, pics below.

Name:	exhaust (2).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	39504 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust (1).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	39503
    Last edited by minigts; 05-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Rear Disc Brakes, 1 set painted, 1 set not, Ground Control Camber Plates

Pm sent on GC camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Pm sent on GC camber plates
    Replied.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

All PMs replied. The camber plates are sold. STILL have some brakes though! Make an offer if you like.

All additional PMs replied to.

Updated, only the painted brakes left. PMs sent as well.

turbo addict

Ooh the painted stuff is nice, Too bad I have 2 sets sitting here.

Great deal though, Ill probably have more in getting 2 new calipers, rotors, and parking brake stuff.

Errrrrr, must resist buying clean instead of cleaning what I have.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Ooh the painted stuff is nice, Too bad I have 2 sets sitting here.

Great deal though, Ill probably have more in getting 2 new calipers, rotors, and parking brake stuff.

Errrrrr, must resist buying clean instead of cleaning what I have.
    haha Yeah, powder coating these was not cheap, but the color was the reason. I'm getting another set done, so I'll be able to see the difference in price.

Added one item, 3" stainless steel Pypes exhaust tip.

All items bought shipped out, tracking numbers sent via PM. Also, updated the price on the painted brakes. Shipped out the other set yesterday and it was ALMOST $40 for shipping, so my price is firm at $125, which is a STEAL considering what I have in them. :/

Bump, still have the last set of brakes left.

turbo addict

Jon, just a quick question. Where do you get the parking brake hardware kit from?

No idea. Simon sold me the front and rear brakes, so not sure where he got it. I'm confident to some degree that using the stock e-brake is possible. But I haven't done the conversion yet, so I don't know for sure.

Mitsu booster

PM Sent

PM sent, all items have been sold.