Thread: LC 1's suck!!!!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Unhappy LC 1's suck!!!!

Innovate's customer service rocks but the LC1 is a piece of junk. I've gone thru FOUR sensors since September, all for code 8. I've contacted Innovate and they said its the sensors and to make sure powers and grounds are fine, which they are. Their forum is loaded with people having the same issue so it seems like there isn't a fix. Luckily I am getting warranty on the sensors, for now.

Tonight was the last straw, on the way to track, every time I got on it, the sensor wigged out, then would display dash's???????? then after about 30 mins of driving, it started flashing O2? This sensor is less than a month old.

Getting really tired of this, looks like its time to try another brand, which I don't really have the money for,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Re: LC 1's suck!!!!

Turn yours in for repair? Maybe its not running the sensor properly since its in charge of providing power. I think they have terrible customer service and the repair/replacement process was terrible compared to Zietronix. Maybe I am just used to being spoiled by nice people.

I am happy I paid more for my first wb02 unit and got a zeitronix and I am sad I chose a slightly cheaper product for my 2nd wb02 (last year). The headaches, downtime, and shipping costs easily outdid the original savings.
    I have solved other friends issues by ditching what they had and talking them into a Zeitronix. Its nice to be able to trust that your unit will work properly. The thing I don't like about zeitronix is that they really should take the time to impliment a knock conditioning circuit. I also don't like that it can do so many things but its really a standalone unit that I wish was more aimed at sending that data it collects to a standalone. With stock ECU its amazing because you don't need that kind of integration!
    You might like it, especially if you get the alarms setup and then you can set off lights/alarms whenever a condition that you want to avoid happens (so you let off instead of boom).
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

i had a lc1 before , after one week it died on me ... i was so mad that i bought a aem and didnt bother to call innovate

turbo addict
    I have a dead lc1 that I never repaired. I ended up buying a DIY controller and haven't turned back. I used my sensor in the stock location and have had the same sensor for over 4 years. I've never got any overheat codes or read errors either.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

does anyone remember the "JAW" ??
    I have had one waiting for me states side for YEARS. just never got the package from ym buddy, it still needs assembly lol

turbo addict

Where are you guys running the sensor? I've got them on both my cars. My New Yorker I've been driving daily for the last 2 years or so and have had zero issues with both cars. Where are your grounds hooked up? I take the blue and white wire, twist the ends together, put them in an eyelet connector, drip a bit of solder in the end so they're soldered and crimped in the connector and attach it directly to the battery clamp.

Love my AEM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khajjathefang View Post
    Love my AEM.
    +1 I have used several of them in my own cars and we have installed at least 30 in customers cars, all with great results, (very reliable!) and the price is good.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

to counter: Love my LC-1's

turbo addict

I stayed away from the and went the Autometer route and have never had a problem yet (knock on would)

I would mount the sensor Min 8" from the turbo

turbo addict

My only issue with my LC-1 is that I wired up the power side wrong and under certain conditions it goes "low voltage" on me. It doesn't do it all the time, but I intend on fixing this issue before the car goes back on the road.

I also wish my display read Lambda instead of A/F, but that's the display (not from Innovate), not the LC-1.

turbo addict

Simon where are your grounds? Is everything important soldered?

turbo addict

does the senor supply it's own ground or is it getting off the pipe?

Its grounded at the dash which is grounded to the shell, so maybe I'll run the ground directly to the battery just for shitt's and giggles. Sensor is about 12 inch's from the turbo. When I had my LM1 hooked, the sensor never went bad or got any codes, even after a few years with the sensor in the same spot.

Its a brand new unit, I sent one in for repair and they gave me a new one. Customer service rocks but man, this is tiring.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

yea run it directly to the battery and solder it where ever is needed.

Ok, so I redid the ground, did another calibration and so far its working. I am going to redo the power with a relay from the battery later.