Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parting 1990 Shadow ES turbo.. Running when stripped. have pretty much everything

Hybrid booster

parting 1990 Shadow ES turbo.. Running when stripped. have pretty much everything

Date: 25th March 2012
    Username: vipernbox
    Full Name:Ron Holm
    City, State, Zip:KC KC 66109
    Price:
    Description:

I bought it to save from the pick and pull.. But yeah.. uhh.. I got tired of looking at it and needed a couple things.. So here it is..

2.5 T1 auto. PW PL AC cruise tilt.. ect...

It was a running car.. and seemed to drive good.. It just had what sounded like main bearings that were totally gone. It would knock like heck until oil pressure came up.. then idled quietly.. but rev it up.. and knockity knock... Didn't sound like a rod.. but whatever..

I am planning on using a good part of the interior in my CSX.. The Shadow ES seats are nice.. But if anyone has the correct parts in good shape for the inside of an 87 CSX.. I am all ears.. and very interested in trades.

Also.. the spare tire well is rusty.. the quarters under the GFX have some rust.. and there is a spot in the passenger floorboard.. Outer part of the rockers look good but where they meet the floorpan it looks like some rust may be started.. but if you need any sheetmetal I can cut it out.. whatever.. Just let me know..

The rust isn't all that bad... I even thought about using the back half to make a trailer.. The shell could make a nice race car.. or whatever.. it is worth scrap prices to me..

I am a hoarder.. So before I crush one I pull everything. so if you see something just ask.. I have everything off the car... So....

And if you don't like my price.. shoot me an offer.. or interesting trade..

Here it is..

Wiper motor.. 15 bucks?

Windshield.. I dunno about shipping this.. but whatever.. Good piece of Mopar glass. No major pits or scratches.. 75 bucks?

Dual pivot K frame and parts.. ask?

Rust free Hatch.. pix below show the grease/ oil stains.. but I sure don't see any rust on this one.. i will check it out closely if anyone is interested. and it looks fairly straight .. 70 bucks?

Doors... The harness was cut to pull door.. Have PW Pl locks.. all or part?

Complete harness and SBEC.. This is the complete harness minus bits still stuck on dash.. Fuel pump, taillight, interior, underhood.. all of it.. I cut it at the doors/hatch and the column.. And noticed a repair or two under the hood.. But here ya go...

145 bucks?

75 for just the SBEC?

95 for just the harness?

One shell.. needs work

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

Re: parting 1990 Shadow ES turbo.. Running when stripped. have pretty much everyth

how are the window scrapers?
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

Hybrid booster

Re: parting 1990 Shadow ES turbo.. Running when stripped. have pretty much everyth

Quote Originally Posted by 30 PSI SHADOW View Post
    how are the window scrapers?
    Junk...

I have a nice set from a 92 though... I pulled them last time at the yard forgetting they were different.. I think they could be made to work if someone wanted to try...

I love the before and after pics. Looks like you kept everything off it. Good job. Now will the shell fit in a flat rate box?

OK maybe not.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by martin kolner View Post
    I love the before and after pics. Looks like you kept everything off it. Good job. Now will the shell fit in a flat rate box?

OK maybe not.
    I am sure that could be arranged... Might take two boxes though..

How about the radio bezel and rear defrost button?

Garrett booster

pm sent

Garrett booster

Interested in the harness. Could I get a little more info on the couple underhood repairs that you had mentioned(where the repair is, how was the repair done, etc.) Thanks.

Hybrid booster

IIRC there was something going on near the O2 sensor.. like it was bit by the PS pump.. or something like that... Then the fan wiring? And of course the starter relay or something in there was causing the starter to not engage. It started right up by hotwiring the big brown wire underhood... It wasn't a whole lot of hacking.. and nothing which would be hard to correct. I just thought it needed a mention.

Oh.. and don't forget.. I did cut at the doors, hatch, and steering column... if you are needing body harness stuff...

I will be more than happy to pull it out and look it over real good for you.. but this week is crazy busy around here again.. Playing Mr Mom on top of trying to get a bunch of work done.. So you just might have to be patient with me. But let me know if you are really interested so I can put you on the list of things to check out should a few minutes free up..

You going to sdac by any chance? Looking for a nice gray dash board.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

wanna part that turbo? Price?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    You going to sdac by any chance? Looking for a nice gray dash board.

The Dash is pretty nice.. But I don't know about SDAC yet. I am still trying to balance out how many regattas I am going to hit this year and when..

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiscoballer View Post
    wanna part that turbo? Price?
    YOu don't want the turbo that was on this car.. It has plenty of shaft play.. I should have one on the shelf though.. I will check later.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by vipernbox View Post
    The Dash is pretty nice.. But I don't know about SDAC yet. I am still trying to balance out how many regattas I am going to hit this year and when..

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

YOu don't want the turbo that was on this car.. It has plenty of shaft play.. I should have one on the shelf though.. I will check later.
    Let me know what you decide. Shipping would be a bit cost prohibitive, but if you're going, I'm sure we can work something out.

Garrett booster

PM sent

How about the gas tank fill tube?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    How about the gas tank fill tube?
    I local guy took the tank... I ain't sure if he took the tube or not... I think I have another laying around anyway.

And for all those waiting for me to look for stuff.. Give me till tomorrow.. I couldn't make enough time this weekend with family and other obligations.. I will get it done tomorrow if no very late tonight..

Thanks for everyone's patience with me.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm interested in just the A arms.

Hybrid booster

Anyone looking to but stuff from this car please give me a call and get on my case about digging the stuff back out of the boxes. I want the junk gone, but things are crazy busy around here and this subsection of the to do list just keeps getting bumped..

913 284 6571

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

still waiting to hear back from you.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast