Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo III Lbody Conversion

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: Turbo III Lbody Conversion

I have a power steering delete setup from 'eyeball', which would enable a TIII in an L-body, with a manual rack (or a power rack with the lines looped in a pinch). So far I haven't found a way to make this work (functional p/s), but I would love to do a TIII L-body setup with a TI/TII belt setup to make a bolt-on TIII in an L-body. I think I can make it work eventually without A/C of course.

I keep trying to convince my older brother to let me put that TIII in my (actually his) Omni GLH, but so far he is more than happy with TI power. What the hell??! I even offered to buy the car back from him and apparently he's still having too much fun with it. Good for him.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Turbo III Lbody Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I have a power steering delete setup from 'eyeball', which would enable a TIII in an L-body, with a manual rack (or a power rack with the lines looped in a pinch). So far I haven't found a way to make this work (functional p/s), but I would love to do a TIII L-body setup with a TI/TII belt setup to make a bolt-on TIII in an L-body. I think I can make it work eventually without A/C of course.

I keep trying to convince my older brother to let me put that TIII in my (actually his) Omni GLH, but so far he is more than happy with TI power. What the hell??! I even offered to buy the car back from him and apparently he's still having too much fun with it. Good for him.

Um, have you even peeked into CudaGirl77 TIII GLHS build thread Jeremy? You just described her and JP's exact build. I saw it at SDAC over the last few days, there is like 2" of room for the 8V PS pump pulley with no frame mods whereas the Rampage RT and it's single serp TIII belt set up required the 'Ole sledge hammer to the frame rail mod

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123