Hybrid booster

1987 csx #507 $12,000obo

Date: 06th December 2011
    Username: vipernbox
    Full Name:Ron Holm
    City, State, Zip:Kansas City KS 66109
    Selling or Wanted Price: 12,000 (OBO)
    Description:

Alright... Just bought this one... and even have a quasi build thread started. I bought it because it looked like it needed a good home and I think it will be a great car. The thing is everything around here is for sale.. So here it is for sale. I would be happy to keep this one... Or send it to a good home...

Just figured if someone decides they really want this one they should be able to get it out of here... All profits go to support my Turbo Mopar addiction..

I have not had the car at my house very long.. but I have put about 200 miles on it already. It runs down the road smooth.. EDIT... Boost issue was a disconnected waste-gate arm.. that is now fixed.. The car runs STRONG... and after another drive I am liking the struts..

The two back tires need replaced and the fronts have plenty of meat but show some light UV damage.

It looked fairly solid underneath.. I didn't notice any rust or nonsense which scared me away..

All the Shelby stuff is there and in average or better condition.. Of course the steering wheel is the worst of it with light checking/cracking all around.. It is still presentable, but not a show piece. The centurions are in really good shape...

Interior needs a cleaning and the typical stuff is worn. split in the seats.. ect...

But anywho...

Here it is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1514.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	383.6 KB 
ID:	35992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1513.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	35993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1512.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	35994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1511.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	296.7 KB 
ID:	35995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1510.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	35996

Edit... Changed the price to clear up any confusion... the car is very much for sale as it is welcome to stay and live with me for a while... but dang.. Yes I just bought this car mere days ago..... and yes I originally put in this ad more than I paid for the car..

So this new number with the OBO in big bold letters should clear up any confusion.. I have a 'reserve' in my mind, but that number is also more flexible than one might imagine... So there...

So if you are interested at all.. hit me up... and if you are ready to pay 12,000... I will also deliver the car anywhere inside the contiguous United States

Don't take life so seriously ppl.. you will never get out alive...
    Last edited by vipernbox; 12-06-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Changed price

Garrett booster

Re: 1987 csx #507

you really are out of your mind asking that much. c'mon dude,really?

Garrett booster

Wow is right, I was considering the $2800 he was asking before, but that is bad. The original C-List ad has been pulled but I know what he paid for the car. Asking this much for it sounds to me like he's in it for the money not the hobby.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Whether we agree or not... per forum rules, no one is NOT supposed to rag on a seller for their asking price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

You guys crack me up.

I have the Original window sticker for the car... So I know what this car was worth (in 1987)..

obo

obo

obo

remember this ad..

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...RBO-14-000-obo

For that amount of $ you'll need more documentation in the way of pictures,more detailed descriptions of the car's interior,etc.

The car's only worth what someone will pay for it,never what you post....that is unless you are way too low on it.

Example: my mom's nose ring is worth a million dollars to me out of sentimental value but not worth 3.00 to the average buyer. (she got crushed in a dumpster she was living in) and all I got was the nose ring.

Haggling the seller is worthless and as stated in violation of forum rules, the market will sort this out all on its own...I say good luck with your sale sir!

Hybrid booster

This car has no sentimental value to me.. Although that is a very interesting story...

and Haggling me really is fine.. I would hope nobody gets in trouble for that in one of my for sale threads..

If they are not careful though.. I promise.. I am quite likely to raise my asking price to 120K OBO because I really would like to get at least that out of it...

For that money I would even throw in a couple free oil changes regardless of location.. We might even be able to work out a new set of tires...

Seriously... I want the car to find a good home.. and it is seriously for sale.. and I am open to any serious offers...

If you are really interested feel free to email, call or PM.. whatever... The right buyer might find themselves pleasantly surprised.

If I wasnt redoing a 86 GTS I would throw a ridiculous low ball offer at ya ...this is the best color combo IMO...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

The size of that OBO is rather conspicuous. I think this is funny.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Price drop..

11,999 OBO

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    The size of that OBO is rather conspicuous. I think this is funny.

Seemed obviuos to me also...lol...the first two posts were all over him...wtf!!..??..lol

Garrett booster

your still an idiot.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by moparmikehunt View Post
    your still an idiot.
    I will take that as a compliment, as idiot is an improvement for me most days

and just for you.. considering the car is wearing shiny new tires now... I am raising my asking price back up again. 11,999.47 OBO

Hybrid booster

Ok... Time to get a bit more serious about offering the car up for sale.. I was really trying to thin the herd a bit when I sold the 86 GLHS.. and almost instantly the 87 GLHS followed me home.. It will also be for sale as I only want one numbered car around the house and it doesn't matter to me really which one I hang onto. The one that sells first decides which I get to keep..

As of right now the CSX is seeing 'daily driver' duties.. only in quotes because of the number of cars around here...

It has a Walbro 255 fuel pump. all new fuel lines.

New Tires.. Currently wearing 225/50/15's

FFV injectors..

a 2.5 inch exhaust (glasspack/side exit) which sounds surprisingly good for what it is...

By the time you are reading this it will probably have some seats from a 1990 Shadow ES..

Currently running a socketed LM.. using turbonator stage III

It runs and drives very strong... I wouldn't be afraid to take it anywhere..

throwing it out there for... $2995.63

Hybrid booster

Sold!!!!!