Thread: 1988 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon T2

Mitsu booster

1988 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon T2

Date: 15th April 2012
    Username: goodee
    Full Name: Chris Goodwin
    City, State, Zip: GermanTown Hills, IL 61611 (near Peoria)
    Selling or Wanted Price: $1300 or BO ($1000 if you bring your own wheels and tires - I keep the ones in the pics).

Description:

More info - http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ome&highlight=

Engine:
    88 TII 2.2 from 88 Shelby Z: Bored .040 over, Wiseco .040 forged pistons, Polished forged crank, Forged shot peened TII rods, Clevite 77 rod bearings, 804 Injectors, 88 Cross drilled TII head with 3 angle valve job, Crane Springs, FWD Performance F2 roller camshaft with high RPM lash adjusters and roller followers, Turbos Unleashed TII Garrett turbo set @ 18psi with 2.5" Swingvalve and Quick Spool Option & Big Can Wastegate actuator, FWD-Performance Stage III Calibration, Manual boost control, Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 3” custom exhaust.
    Suspension:
    KYB Shocks and Struts, Eibach Springs, PolyBushings.com front and rear sway bars, Goodyear Eagle F1’s on 16” Daytona “Pumper” wheels.
    The Bad and Worse:
    The head partially dropped a valve seat which caused the rocker to pop off within the first 500 miles of ownership back in 2008. I replaced the head with one from King Cylinder heads just to get the car running again so I could make the local car shows. I have the head purchased with the car which still has the “go-fast” parts installed on it. The transmission was taken apart with new clutch packs installed but the shift from second to third was starting to get weak again.

This past fall I was driving on the highway and started to get a slight knocking noise. Before I could pull off the knock became consistent and the temp shot up causing a loss of coolant. I’m not sure if the lower radiator hose popped or what. When I parked it the car still started and ran but it sounds like something in the lower part of the motor is bad – perhaps a rod bearing – not sure.

The Good:
    The suspension is all new along with the wheels and tires. All have less than 1K miles on them. All the electrics work perfectly. All four windows were gone through and the motors and/or regulators were replaced depending on what was needed. The front brakes are nearly new and the rears brakes have been rebuilt along with the rear wheel bearings.

I don’t have the time or the inclination at this point to go through the motor and transmission again to get it back to the car shows. If you want a solid car that just needs a good mechanic’s hand this one is for you.

Last edited by goodee; 04-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: 1988 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon T2

Nice wagon! I rmember when Brad had it

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mmm... Mark Cross...

turbo addict

Man why did this have to come up 2 days after I bought a 91 Spirit ES turbo. I was waiting on one of these to pop up. Anyways good luck with sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Nice wagon! I rmember when Brad had it
    I've contacted him to see if he wants to buy it back and fix the motor. I'm guessing he has more pressing things at the moment.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Man why did this have to come up 2 days after I bought a 91 Spirit ES turbo. I was waiting on one of these to pop up. Anyways good luck with sale.
    Sell the Spirit to me dirt cheap and buy this one!!!! LOL!! I'd like to have a turbo Spirit, especially a 5 spd. djd.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by djd's turbo View Post
    Sell the Spirit to me dirt cheap and buy this one!!!! LOL!! I'd like to have a turbo Spirit, especially a 5 spd. djd.
    Well the spirit that I am getting happens to be mikes old car. If you know him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

Bump for price drop. Editing original post. $1300 or BO. If you want to bring your own wheels and tires I'll go $1000 and keep the ones in the pics.

Any more figuring out what went wrong? How much rust is hiding underneath?

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Any more figuring out what went wrong? How much rust is hiding underneath?
    There is some rust behind the passenger-side rear door that will need some attention. The frame has the typical surface rust but nothing that appears to be a structural problem. I've poked around underneath quite a bit over the past few years and haven't seen anything that concerns me.

I have no idea what went wrong with the motor other than to reiterate that it sounds like a rod bearing. I had one go bad in my GLH a long (real long) time ago and it sounded like what I am hearing. I'd tear into the motor but I know it isn't going to get put back together by me. I don't need another group of cataloged parts taking up space in the garage.

Hybrid booster

I might have some $1300 out here in california around august to spend like that...if only it passes smog!
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

Garrett booster

Another car...or the wife? I can't have both.

Hybrid booster

another car because you cant never replace a turbo mopar, let alone a wagon that can haul ---...cheap on maintenance too!
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

Someone want to buy all the go fast stuff out of the car and leave me with a good roller to put a stock drivetrain in? :-p

Garrett booster

I'd rather have the whole car, but it doesn't sound like it is up for the drive home.

Mitsu booster

No, I wouldn't drive it anywhere. It should start and run enough to drive it onto a trailer however.

Mitsu booster

Sale pending.

Mitsu booster

Sold. I am sad but relieved that it is going to a good home.

Last night I had the pleasure of giving this wagon a good inspection...very nice, lots of potential. I'm sorry to hear you had bad luck with it.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]