Thread: Cars and Coffee Great Falls VA style

Threaded View

turbo addict

Cars and Coffee Great Falls VA style

For those of you who don't know, Great Falls VA is just outside of Washington DC and is where some of the areas biggest wealth is located. It was my first time attending and this has to be one of the best Cars and Coffees in the country. Probably 5 million dollars + of cars in the lot and about 800 people milling around at 7 am in the morning. If anyone is interested the Saleen is for sale for $400k.

I arrived late and couldn't find a spot close to the main action but did a drive thru before parking. The local photographer saw my car and hunted me down as soon as I parked. Hopefully #168 will get some street cred along side all this Italian / German and American sheet metal.

After leaving the show, I ran upon a Rousch Supercharged Mustang. Looked very clean and newish. We had a drag race to the entry of the highway. I smoked the tires in all gears, was running rich (backfire) and he had the straight lane and beat me by a nose and I had to hit the brakes for the merge. He probably has 500+ ponies and from the sound of his engine, he was using all of em to beat me but who knows. We played a little on the highway (too much traffic) and I blew by him in 4th at about 17 lbs of boost. He pulls up beside me and gives me a (I drive a supercar look) and exits the highway...D Bag! I've gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of these street tires, I'm used to R compound's and having traction when I want it. I may be putting the TOYO R888's on.

Then upon arriving home I noticed my first rock chip just beside the Dodge sticker on the front of the hood. I was planning on adding a clear bra which would've STOPPED THAT CHIP, but I haven't had the time to get it installed and I paid the price....oh well....it's a driver / race car and I don't really mind.

This car is going to be a beast! Brian installed the c0ckpit manual boost controller and I have it dialed in @ 17 psi and was right at 11.9 afr. I'll work on that today and try to get it to the mid 11's. It's gonna be a fun year!

EDIT: Upon quick detailing I noticed it was NOT a rock ship and wiped right off! Yippee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	very nicely done.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	38740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mopar muscle.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	487.5 KB 
ID:	38741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saleen for sale 399.000.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	493.1 KB 
ID:	38742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ferarri muscle.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	38743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stopping power.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	38744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC Cobra.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	38745  

Last edited by 168glhs1986; 04-07-2012 at 11:30 AM.