Thread: +20's vs. fifth injector/sixth injector

Hybrid booster

+20's vs. fifth injector/sixth injector

have run fifth injector and liked it..car idled great and ran sweet.......

now its time to up the boost from 15.5 w/fifth to 18 psi..........

shooting for 250 to 270 whp.........

has anyone got the +20's to idle?what was the secret..i see many complaints on the idle setups.......

will +20's affect mpg?.....during normal driving.

87 t-2 conv..w/glhs stage 2.......

option 1 sixth injector 18 psi +

option 2 +20's 18 psi +

deuce

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Re: +20's vs. fifth injector/sixth injector

+20's at stock fuel pressure is a set-up the Stage II glhs cal loves. Put the +20's in with a stock glhs cal and she'll die coming to a stop. The stage II runs perfectly. Give it 40-50 miles to learn. I ran 12.85 on 18 psi and +20's at stock fuel pressure
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

My T2 Shadow purrs like a kitten with 42pph injectors on 100 octane even.

EDIT: CSX Stage II LM & stock fuel pressure

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN
    +20's at stock fuel pressure is a set-up the Stage II glhs cal loves. Put the +20's in with a stock glhs cal and she'll die coming to a stop. The stage II runs perfectly. Give it 40-50 miles to learn. I ran 12.85 on 18 psi and +20's at stock fuel pressure
    +1

I ran my glh on a csx stage2 with the 20's. She was still a hair rich on cold idle, but had enough fuel for 20psi (lean is subjective, especialy on a throw away t1 bottom end )

Yeah, it may also flood in extreme cold or after a stall. Just need to mash the pedal down for a sec. At WOT you will be running quite rich until the boost comes up, so how your mileage is effected depends on your driving habits. If you generally tend to dog it at the line at WOT, you will be pissing away some fuel there.

As far as idle, I would think it would be fine. It may idle better, since these cars seem to let it get a little too lean at idle.

turbo addict

My 87 GLHS idles great with +20's set at 42psi static and with a Holley 4 to 1 RRRegulator with a stock cal. With a 33lb T2 auxilary injector, I have an excellent fuel curve to 26psi. My engine pulls 15" of vacum with a Taft S3 cam. 12"+ with it in gear (auto trans.).

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar
    Yeah, it may also flood in extreme cold or after a stall. Just need to mash the pedal down for a sec.

As far as idle, I would think it would be fine. It may idle better, since these cars seem to let it get a little too lean at idle.
    The stocker would have that tendency. The stage II had a perfect idle with the +20's at 55psi. Fuel was supported to estimated 260-270whp (109+ trap speeds with a 2600lb car)

With a stage II GLHS cal there is no need to turn the base fuel pressure down unless you want to. I also got 32-33mpg on the highway. 25-26 combined
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

WOW

Thanks guys....im trying to get the plan together for my racing season.....and i don't want to make the wrong choices.....$$$$$

+20's it is......

deuce

LOL... Forgot... passed emissions in KY also at 55psi base...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Garrett booster

How about replacing the 5th injector with a fuel solenoid from a nitrous system? That way, you can adjust the amount of extra fuel with jets and still have the same driveability and MPG out of boost. This is what I'm going to try this year instead of bigger injectors or a custom cal.

-Chuck James

No need until big WHP #'s are seen. But That is a great method. Regularly work with a guy that did that in an Omni and has seen 129 trap speeds...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevien1
    How about replacing the 5th injector with a fuel solenoid from a nitrous system? That way, you can adjust the amount of extra fuel with jets and still have the same driveability and MPG out of boost. This is what I'm going to try this year instead of bigger injectors or a custom cal.

-Chuck James
    I went basically the same route except using a methanol safe solenoid for my alcohol injection setup. It worked great up to 28 psi, just don't try to use the nitrous side of the nozzle to spray fuel. I was going to do a 2 stage setup originally using both sides of the nitrous nozzle but the nitrous side won't atomize at that low of a pressure. It sprays more of a stream than a mist. The fuel side works fine though and being able to tune by swapping jets is really handy.