I tried to reinstall the clutch cable today on my '91 Dodge Spirit R/T. I got the cable all hooked up and the pedal goes to the floor! I checked the pedal to make sure the adjuster was working correctly and all pieces are accounted for and nothing is broken. All the teeth on the adjuster are there. Pulling the pedal upwards to take up the slack does nothing.

So I go to www.napaonline.com and find that the clutch cable should be 44.75" long. I measured my cable and it is almost 46.5" long. I checked the NAPA site and starting 1/92 the clutch cable went to 46.375".

The wierd thing is this is the same cable I was using before without any issues last time the car ran. I vaguely remember some kind of plastic block on under the clutch release lever to make up for the longer cable length....is this a factory piece or some kind of hack job so a previous owner was able to use a longer cable? At any rate I've lost the block/spacer thing so I'm hoping the 44.75" cable will work. Any of you guys run into this kind of thing before?