Thread: No Spark, No Fuel injector fire and no codes!

Mitsu booster

No Spark, No Fuel injector fire and no codes!

Ok, a bit of a story here, but here goes...

I started out with a '91 Daytona that i picked up with a blown motor (2.5L n/a, auto) and had a turbo '88 Shadow with a body that needed too much work. I bought the Daytona with the intention of swapping the turbo 2.2 from the Shadow into it, which is what i did. I got the schematics for both cars from a mechanic friend of mine and grafted the parts of the Shadow's harness into the Daytona's and matched the pinouts for the computer. I've gone over it all several times and im sure its all hooked up right and when i turn the key everything comes on and works as it should except that i don't have spark and the fuel injectors don't fire. I know it's not the asd relay as the fuel pump cycles on and there is power to the coil and injectors. I've also swapped in a known good Hall Effect sensor but still nothing. The computer worked perfectly in the Shadow too and the real puzzler is that i'm not getting any error codes. I only get #12 which is that the battery has been disconnected (I've been jumping the 'Tona off of my truck to test) and of course 55 which is end of codes.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause the computer to not register any codes but still not have spark or fuel and still have power getting to everything?

Thanks in advance!

- Brian

Hybrid booster

Re: No Spark, No Fuel injector fire and no codes!

Well, this is going to sound like a bonehead thing to say, but try a new or fully charged battery.

I bought my Charger, and when I went to look at it, it fired right up, but it had the owners battery out of his other car. He charged up a spare battery, which ended up not being able to start the car. I threw a booster pack on it, and tried jumping it off of my fathers car, and it would crank, but no fire. We were puzzled. We said screw it, threw his battery back in it, and it fired right up. I put a new battery in it, and it fires up with no problem.

I can't explain it, you would think that if there is enough to crank the engine, it should fire, but in my case, it just wasn't enough.

Mitsu booster

Re: No Spark, No Fuel injector fire and no codes!

Huh that sounds pretty interesting... it's certainly worth a shot! I'll give it a try when i get home from work.

Thanks!