Thread: 1984 Plymouth Reliant K SE Coupe in IL $1500

1984 Plymouth Reliant K SE Coupe in IL $1500

Date: 19th March 2012
    Username: Dodge Aries K
    Full Name: Karl Bonfiglio
    City, State, Zip: South Beloit, IL 61080
    Selling or Wanted Price: $1500

Up for sale is my 1984 Plymouth Reliant SE Coupe. It has an ORIGINAL 55,800 miles on it! Inside it has the very rare bucket seats with the center console and the interior is in really nice shape save for a sagging headliner in a few spots. 2.2L 4 cylinder engine with a bulletproof 3 speed automatic. It has two new front tires, newer shocks and struts, a rebuilt carburetor, newer timing belt, newer tie rod ends, new air filter, new plugs, new wires, new pcv valve, new vacuum lines, new dash speakers, newer alternator, new thermostat, and a newer valve cover gasket. I removed the original AM radio and made a patch harness so now it has an AM/FM radio. I also removed the horrible key in buzzer and replaced it with a nice chime. This has been my favorite car to drive since it's very comfortable with those bucket seats and just has this old school charm to it. Heat works well on it too.

It's not perfect thanks to Wisconsin and the foolish previous owner. The front bumper is damaged a bit, the front fenders are both dented, and the rear 1/4 panels do have rust on them. Paint is a bit faded from being out in the sun for 28 years. Carburetor, like on any of these, is a bit cranky until it's warmed up all the way. Power steering belt has been removed because one of the lines has a nasty leak. The car is light enough that not having the power steering going doesn't detriment it at all. This is also a factory non-A/C equipped vehicle. It's still very restorable, or would be a great car to drive around.

I'm looking to get $1500 or best reasonable offer. This is hard for me to sell since my first car ever had the same awesome interior and the seats are in such good shape that I'd hate for them to get ruined. I just need to cut back and sell off a bunch of the cars I have. Please feel free to call or text 815-980-eight nine six zero any time to ask questions or if you'd like to see it. It qualifies for the antique program in Illinois which is how it's currently registered and insured. Thanks for your time!

Re: 1984 Plymouth Reliant K SE Coupe in IL $1500

Sold!