Garrett booster

525 trans rebuilt 3k & heim joint rod shifter conversion

Date: 17th March 2012
    Username: boboli
    Full Name:Matt Miller
    City, State, Zip:Tucson,Az 85710
    Contact PM
    Price: $250 +shipping

Description: I have the 525 out of my omni that I would like to sell if any one is interested. I had it rebuilt in 2002 when I first got my car. I did not get the car running till 2009 and since then, I have put less than 3k miles on it. The transmission works great. I removed it because I wanted to take my car to the track more and knowing the weakness of the 525 for this, I didn't want to waste the $600 I paid to rebuild it. I switched to a 523.
    I replaced all the seals on the trans since '09( after it sat for 7 yrs). The only problem is the bolt hole for the transmission to the block near the starter has a piece missing out of it. There is still enough material for the bolt to tighten to. This is the way I got the transmission.
    I have the 525, the heim joint/rod shifter complete from interior shift handle to the transmission rods, and the drivers side axle. I could also throw in a flywheel and a clutch that I have if some one is looking to convert a car.
    I would like $250 for everything plus shipping. I am not interested in separating the shifter from the transmission, so please don't ask.

Hybrid booster

Re: 525 trans rebuilt 3k & heim joint rod shifter conversion

Can you quote me a shipping price to 44107? I'll take it pending a picture of the missing bolt hold material.

Garrett booster

PM'ed you

Garrett booster

bump
    If you are interested in this please take into consideration that the transmission weighs 100lbs alone ( no shipping materials) so the cost of shipping to the east coast is about $150. Please don't waste my time if you don't understand what shipping will cost for such a heavy item.
    thanks

Garrett booster

You did read the sticky on shipping transmissions? FedEx or UPS if you have faith.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amx364 View Post
    You did read the sticky on shipping transmissions? FedEx or UPS if you have faith.
    That sticky and the figures shared within it are SO far out of date with present reality... people need to stop using it as the standard and think your going to get something like a transmission shipped for under $100. Gas is $4+ gallon, diesel is knocking on $5/gallon and fuel surcharges are in effect with both ups and fedex....

I sent a 568 from MD to AZ in january, it cost me $165. The base price was $120, fuel surcharge was $25 and insurance was another $20 because I opted for absolute worst case total loss coverage @ $1600 declared value. Registering an account with ups/fedex online and cutting out the middleman at the shipping store will save you some cost but things just cost more now.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    That sticky and the figures shared within it are SO far out of date with present reality... people need to stop using it as the standard and think your going to get something like a transmission shipped for under $100. Gas is $4+ gallon, diesel is knocking on $5/gallon and fuel surcharges are in effect with both ups and fedex....

I sent a 568 from MD to AZ in january, it cost me $165. The base price was $120, fuel surcharge was $25 and insurance was another $20 because I opted for absolute worst case total loss coverage @ $1600 declared value. Registering an account with ups/fedex online and cutting out the middleman at the shipping store will save you some cost but things just cost more now.
    That's precisely what I ran into. I even looked at greyhound and that was ridiculously expensive and wouldn't take a package as heavy as a tranny. That is also just the shipping costt, not including the container or any other packing materials.
    I doubt it is worth shipping a 525 across country, but maybe some one a lot closer maybe interested 1 day. If not, it will sit in my closet till I find a use for it.