Thread: JY Find: 87 Lebaron GTC Hazleton, PA

Garrett booster

JY Find: 87 Lebaron GTC Hazleton, PA

I had no idea where to put this but figured the forum for people looking for parts was the best fit.

There is an almost complete 89 Lebaron GTC in Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazleton PA. The computer, TII rad, ic and airboc are gone. The A555, equal length axle, engine and turbo are still there. I grabbed the rad/ic assembly but had no time for anything else. It hurt to leave it.

The car looked very clean for the age - not beat or hacked up. For anyone going after the tranny, there were wheel locks on the wheels and I could not find a key. You'll have to do some cutting or pull the entire wheel/spindle assembly. An A555 for 70 bucks. Oh it hurt so bad to walk away from that and drive home 2.5 hours with the dumpy 465 or whatever it is in my Rampage.

Re: JY Find: 87 Lebaron GTC Hazleton, PA

i was there on saturday last week and grabbed that smec. too bad its an 89 with a crappy mitsu, good block, crappy turbo combo. there was a 87 TII shelbyz complete in ringgold EZ pull about 3 months ago with the 2 piece intake and all and i just didnt have cash to pull the top end and take it home. needless to say it wasnt there long.

Garrett booster

The TII GTCs got a mitsu turbo? Are you sure?

89s got the mitsu, i looked at it when i was there

Garrett booster

Someone must have put that mitsubishi turbo on as a replacement. 1989 2.2 Intercooled cars definitely were equipped with Garrett turbos from the factory. Unless that was a 2.5 turbo car, and someone got the TII parts and installed them for intercooling of their TI.

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90Spirit2.5 View Post
    Someone must have put that mitsubishi turbo on as a replacement. 1989 2.2 Intercooled cars definitely were equipped with Garrett turbos from the factory. Unless that was a 2.5 turbo car, and someone got the TII parts and installed them for intercooling of their TI.
    Exactly. Only way a mitsu was in an 89 GTC was in a 2.5l auto car unless swapped for some silly reason.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ