Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP: 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe EGR Valve

turbo addict

HELP: 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe EGR Valve

I need some help from all you DSMers out there. I'm working on a 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe, with a 4cylender engine and automatic transmission, which is the same thing as a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Carrie's car needs a new EGR Valve (which I bought new at Auto Zone) and while I was doing her oil change I tried to look for it but I can't find it. Where is it located?
    Last edited by rich tideswell; 12-05-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Hybrid booster

Re: HELP: 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe EGR Valve

sup? i own a stratus r/t modified as well. the egr valve should be behind the manifold. let me find you the pics that i have.

Hybrid booster

hopefully you got the idea but this pic is for the rear oxygen sensor as to where it shows the EGR valve and basically is behind the manifold,

Hybrid booster

ah, im sure i have a picture for it need to find it

Hybrid booster

similar right? look behind the manifold

Hybrid booster

if not, check near the starter

turbo addict

yes, the photo is similar.

ok, i'll take another look tommarrow. look behind the intake manifold?

Hybrid booster

look behind the intake manifold, if not look for it near the starter

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

yea, it should be where spycker says.. that's where it is on the 4g63 engine.. and the two are similar.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

I hate DSM's. I didn't get a chance to look. I was too busy freezing my @$$ off changing out both headlamp assemblies on this thing. Wouldn't have been so terrible if the front end wasn't c0ck-eyed from kissing a deer last fall. This car is a rolling wreck.

that sucks! I wonder if those headlamps are as much as a pain as the 2g cars are... There was one bolt that... i kid you not to get to you have to remove the bumper. but in order to remove the bumper you have to remove the headlight. LOL.. ended up cutting the bumper off (it was damaged already) and leaving that bolt out. So very Ghey

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

No, there are only 3 bolts per lamp and they are all on top and easy to get to. The passenger side is the side with the most damage and requires some fender adjustment with a rubber mallot. driver side was easy out, easy back in thank god. I should post pictures of these things, they're trashed. Passenger side had all3 mounting tabs broke plus chunks missing, driver side had a 1/4" wide crack running across the whole backside plus a chunk missing.

Whatever, the new ones are in with some silverstars and shes a happy camper. Happy wife, happy life.

The front bumper skin is currently held on with some jumbo zip ties. It looks like frankenstein's stitches.

I end this post with my traditional "I hate DSM's".

Hybrid booster

did you find the egr valve?

turbo addict

no, not yet, I haven't had a chance to look as more pressing issues with this car have come up. Wiper arms arm FUBRed (arms stripped? sloppy linkage?), and it has a coolant leak

Hybrid booster

the only major problem with my 3.0 v6 stratus was the transmission blowing out on a highway

turbo addict

It's a slow process, but part by part, I'm removing 6 years of "Flint" from this thing.

I can't help but laugh when reading this thread because the people on dsmtuners would cry, -----, and yell at you for saying that it is a dsm. To them, the only DSM's are the turbo eclipse/laser/talon. Heaven forbid an Avenger be a "dsm"

...And that makes me laugh. They all came form the same plant; so they are all dsms. LOL
    Although technically "dsm" was dropped in 1995.

Well glad to hear they did away with the 4th bolt in the unaccessible place. Idk if the linakges are the same form the 2g to 3g cars, but if its still like the 2gs.. those have has problems with the linkage breaking. Some JB weld should fix it.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    I can't help but laugh when reading this thread because the people on dsmtuners would cry, -----, and yell at you for saying that it is a dsm. To them, the only DSM's are the turbo eclipse/laser/talon. Heaven forbid an Avenger be a "dsm"

...And that makes me laugh. They all came form the same plant; so they are all dsms. LOL
    Although technically "dsm" was dropped in 1995.

Well glad to hear they did away with the 4th bolt in the unaccessible place. Idk if the linakges are the same form the 2g to 3g cars, but if its still like the 2gs.. those have has problems with the linkage breaking. Some JB weld should fix it.
    Cowels look simliar, and generally speaking mechainacal parts 90% of the world never sees don't change often. Forget JB weld, I have access to a stick welder if that's the issue.

Oh ya, "I hate DSM's"

turbo addict

Bigger issues at the moment, she left a lake of fluid (looks like coolant) on the driveway BUT it's not thte lower radiator hose as it looked to be about where the back of the engine/ firewall is (heater core????) so I don't know if she now has an additional leak or if fluid is traveling to the back of the engine and dripping from there. Judging by the size, I'd say she now has another leak.

I hate that damn car. I want to beach a big long tightly coiled turd on the hood as an act of rebellion against this money pit. I want it to know how it feels to be sh!t on.

turbo addict

Time for an update on this: I found the EGR valve, and I want to drag the engineer who stuck it on the underside of the intake out into the streets kicking and screaming and break every bone in his body in alphabetical order, twice. The CEL is no longer on and I figure I'm going to buy the EGR position sensor as well seen as how it has to come off to get at the EGR valve.

Also, her right front tire is wearing away on the outside so she needs an alignment, BUT I don't know if the feathering is due to bad suspension parts or an out of whack alignment. After about 180,000 miles, I'm guessing both.

F*ck this DSM money pit. In fact, this is now the new nick name for this project: Project Money Pit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast