Thread: Hello everyone new to the site

Mitsu booster

Hello everyone new to the site

Just purchased an 89 Plymouth Voyager turbo its an auto with 91,000 miles on it im the third owner.
    I have laying around my garage a bunch of bolt ons...
    Spearco 1-992 intercooler spare from my svo scoop removed.
    Greddy Type r and hks ssqv bov, Rc 440cc's Aeromotive 1:1 afpr
    2.5" exhaust that i can mod to the van, innovate lc1 wideband
    Black srt4 wheels. Not trying to be fast with this got it to haul parts and tow my crx

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Guy i got the van from already did ball joints wheel bearings new strutts new brake master cylinder new front brakes timing belt and water pump couple other things. I just bought colder champion plugs valve cover gasket cap and rotor msd coil
    May buy msd wires or aurora's Might have my machinist friend mill me a t3 flange and slap my Precision 60-1 i just took off my crx. Going to look up wiring pinouts and maybe wire in my afc neo.

Just upgraded my crx to a Precision pte 6776rs dual ball bearing stage 5 billet wheel the 60-1 wasnt cutting it anymore.
    Shooting for around 750-800 around 30-35psi e85.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

This is my 2nd turbo mopar. Had a lebaron gtc i think, was the model turbo convertible auto leather and digi dash, was an ignorant teen years ago And beat it to death hotrodding it doing pointless burnouts.

Hybrid booster

Re: Hello everyone new to the site

glad you could join us.i drove my van for year almost 8 or9 but wasn,t trying to making it fast.check with BIG PSI. he has had some prerry fast van.s.most of the time losing weight seems too help alot. again wecome

turbo addict
    Welcome. I don't think the aft neo will work with the van. You can buy a socketed computer from a vendor and have a tune already on it. A stock Garrett turbo would be a better choice than the stock mitsu turbo that's on it now.

Mitsu booster

Can u point me in the right direction of said vender?
    Ive budgeted a little bit of cash to improve performance.
    Im mostly concerned with blowing the transmission trying to pull a trailer.
    My crx weighs 2040 so thatll help

Being as the ecu is socketed can i hook a serial cable up to it and tune on the fly with an amp clamp and my wideband?

I use hondata for both my crx and my civic i didnt know if such a program exists for chryslers

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Welcome! Custom cals can be bought from Shel-game and FWD Performance(both vendors on this site) or you can make your own using a couple different programs. I'm really a complete noob on the custom DIY cals so hopefully someone else more qualified will speak up.

Good luck and just think, you could have the fastest tow mini at your race events

Mitsu booster

Ya im gna take it easy with this thing. Trying to buy a buddies csx shadow marroon w gold wheels

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

There is lots to do but agreed on the Garrett, will make towing nicer.

For cals, you can do your own or get a custom one from www.boostbutton.com or www.fwdperformance.com. You can do your own using a program this site has called MP tuner, an Ostrich emulator from Moates and you have a cheap standalone setup.

Trans, I would beef it up a bit, big cooler, tighten the clutch packs, valve body mods and maybe a better TC.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Welcome!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 89turbovoyager View Post
    Ya im gna take it easy with this thing. Trying to buy a buddies csx shadow marroon w gold wheels
    89 csx vnt. Cool car. How much?

Mitsu booster

3500$ idk if its a good deal or not.
    I was wondering what i pull a spare trans out of in the junkyard to rebuild?
    Also is there an intake manifold that bolts on thatll improve performance slightly or alot?
    I grabbed a throttle body off a 2001 3.8 liter caravan will that work on my van?

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Id like to rebuild a trans and toss it in before mine decides to pop